“Awesome food, great views. Ignore the expats from Jersey, NY, and Cali.”

South Beach Bar & Grille
Ranked #9 of 21 Restaurants in Boca Grande
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 11 June 2021

Service was excellent, and the food was top-notch. We have been coming to Boca for 15 years and this is our first time to actually dine at South Beach. The seafood strudel was amazing and the bartender nailed my martini exactly right. The wait staff were extremely polite and stayed on top of everything. I have read some of the negative reviews from the past several months and it is pretty clear these are Covid expats who look to whine about anything. True to form, as we were finishing up, a loud-mouth couple from Jersey showed up and started right in on berating the waiter over their gin & tonic not having Bombay gin in it...trust me, if you drink gin & tonics, you can't tell Bombay from dishwater. Everything is simple and clear...no outside beverages, no bare feet, and no shirtless people. Just because it is a beachfront restaurant does not mean you can just wander up onto the patio. Is it a bit pricey, yes, a party of 6 was $355 including cocktails and tip but when you are on vacation, who cares as long as the food and service are great.

Date of visit: June 2021
2  Thank 166rickw
Write a reviewReviews (977)

Reviewed 1 June 2021

Location on the beach in Boca Grande was absolutely beautiful
Service was excellent
food was excellent
price was a little higher than usual buy well worth it
casual friendly right on the beach
indoor or outdoor dinning
umbrella tables on the beach for dinning or drinks

CASUAL/FRIENDLY RIGHT ON THE BEACH INDOOR OR OUT DOOR DINING
MAY 30 2021

1  Thank Sightseer301181
Reviewed 17 May 2021 via mobile

Great food, great beach vibe, and a wonderful staff. What else is there to say. My Ultimate Grouper sandwich was amazing as was my wife's shrimp salad (forget the name). Tasty both and the dressing on the salad was perfect. Light but not too light.

Our waitress was a sweetheart. She messed up my order (delivered an ahi dish) but immediately owned up to the mistake and put a rush on a replacement. No matter. I took the opportunity to walk partway to the beautiful beach and even had a few minutes to sit in one of the many Adirondack chairs.

We rode bikes from near the trailhead to the lighthouse and enjoyed our lunch immensely as well as our little shopping trip in town later that afternoon.

I'd do it again, the exact trip, in a heartbeat.

2  Thank ericdF5709DI
Reviewed 17 May 2021

My family and I were looking forward to a beach meal here on our vacation. My parents have dined here before and said the food was delicious. we had a 45 minute wait so my father waited outside the restaurant while we checked out the beach with the two little kids. When it was our time to be seated, they said he did my father without the rest of the party. The owner came up shortly there after and scolded my father for us not all being there. Then they asked my father to bring his water bottle to his car. My mother arrived right before he went to the car and the owner came back and yelled at her in front of the other patrons. Lying and saying that he had told her that they don’t see it in complete parties. This was never said nor is this appropriate in any way shape or form. We were too hungry and the kids were too hungry to go elsewhere so we stayed but the experience with soured due to the owners ridiculously rude behavior. Do not eat here!

3  Thank Erin M
Reviewed 11 May 2021 via mobile

The location is great, directly at the beach.

November 2020:
We walked from the lighthouse along the beach and found this cute restaurant. Tables at the beach and a great atmosphere. We had (of course!) only swimsuits on. The staff was unfriendly and told us we can’t have a drink or something to eat. In a VERY rude way! we have to wear clothes. What kind of beach bar is this? I totally agree, that you need clothes IN the restaurant. But outside? At the beach? What kind of beach bat does that?

04/21/ 2021:
We tried it again! And we were prepared! We had clothes in our backpack. Finally we arrived at the bar and put on our clothes. And AGAIN - the staff told us in a very rude way, that we can’t eat or drink because we have no shoes I can’t! You can’t sit at a beach bar at a table on the beach without shoes? What the hell!

04/23/2021:
We tried it one last time. And we were 100% prepared. We had a golf cart, nice clothes and shoes! But a little service dog with us. My husband walked in and asked for a table outside (because of the dog (service dog!)). And again, the waitress was super rude and told him in a unfriendly way that they don’t allow dogs, even outside

Overall I can’t say something about the quality of the food because we’ve never got so far. But it isn’t even worth 1 star when you treat your customers like this. The customer service is AWFUL. The restaurant was always crowded. But I can’t understand that, if the service is like that. The food can’t be that good that I would accept a service like that.

The stuff should feel ashamed!

NEVER NEVER AGAIN!