“Great views - average food & service”

Serendipity Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 67 Restaurants in Millsboro
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We went in early March and loved the view from the tables by the windows. Our party of 4 ordered dinner and 3 of the 4 orders were wrong. 1 was sent back, and the others just ate their angel hair pasta instead of the fettucini they ordered. The seafood that came with the pasta was bland and needed extra cheese and butter for flavor. The buffalo chicken cheesesteak tasted like spicy bbq sauce, not what we expected. The Caesar salad was topped with a very thin piece of grilled salmon, but was good. Everything was a-la-carte, including bread with dinner for an extra $5. The prices were high considering everything was charged separate. The caramel apple dessert was delicious and served warm. The decor is an interesting eclectic blend of color and various hanging ornaments. One thing that was quite annoying is that people would go outside in the cold (to smoke?) and open the door facing the water, letting in freezing cold air to the dining room, multiple times, so we had to put our jackets on to eat. I would think that this time of year that door would not be used for the comfort of the guests in the dining room. We probably won't be back.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 5 March 2018

First and last time at this restaurant. Service was good. Food was ok. Over rated and way over priced. Decorations were so outdated (its March and they still had valentines balloons and Chinese lanterns up. I paid $14 for my 10 year granddaughter plate of spaghetti noodles with butter. $17 for a Stromboli. The chef was extremely, extremely rude. I had a groupon and a $50 gift certificate from a Christmas. The chef did not want to take the groupon because he said I could not use two coupons. I expressed that the gift certificate is like cash, because my son and daughter purchased it, so I wasn’t using two coupons. There was no one else there, now I know why. I will never return again.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank cmethebaker
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Our favorite restaurant in the Millsboro area. Great pizza and pasta! Huge portions! Wonderful servers...ask for Joanie!...terrific weekend breakfast!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

My mom was in for the holidays and we went to Serendipity for the buffet. The wait staff is always very friendly and helpful. The buffet was delicious. There were lots of choices and we all had a great time. FYI the buffet is on Friday and Saturday nights.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 25 December 2017

Tried this place once about a year ago. My wife ordered the seafood omelet and I had pancakes. My wife could not finish the omelet so I had some and we both ended up with food poisoning. Horrible experience!

Date of visit: January 2017