“Lovely food, a must visit”

The Oak on the Green
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Bearsted
Price range: US$5 - US$29
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Privately Owned Fresh Food Restaurant And Free-house Pub Famous For Fantastic Serving Staff And For Serving The Best Aged Scottish Steaks And Home Made Pies And Puddings.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We came here with my brother, nephew and his girlfriend for saturday lunch. Lovely interior I thought, in a nice village setting. Plenty of parking but it did fill up as its a popular place.

We had no starters and went straight for the mains. So many looked nice, bangers and mash, chilli, ribs, burgers. The menu was huge I have to say, if you can find something you're fussy. I went for the steak steam pudding with mash and peas. The dish was lovely, a slight issue was some of the meat chunks were fatty which was disappointing as they were the last two chunks I had. Anyway, the steam suet was lovely, bit of a crust on the base which I liked. A thick gravy and lots of it inside. Piping hot. Great mash, minty peas, box well and truly ticked. The burger looked very nice as did the bangers and mash. Service was slow but cannot fault the food. I live far away but I think I'd make a special visit or detour with my brother who lives in the area. Highly recommend and will visit again.

1  Thank martin n
Write a ReviewReviews (1,714)

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I popped in for a quick lunch and beer service was friendly efficient and burger was great.
Been coming to the Oak for the past 10 years and left happy again to return soon.
Thank you for the consistency!

1  Thank Russel S
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

A visit for some well-needed food with some friends from outside this country. Very efficient booking system. The restaurant is crowded, dark and noisy. Given that we were very hungry, the time we had to wait for our food was irritatingly long. The food was reasonable, with huge main courses supplied (we were pre warned so didn’t have a starter and had no room for a dessert).
Definitely not a place to have a quiet chat over a meal.

1  Thank Reviewsgarethd1
Reviewed 30 April 2018

My wife and I went on recently for a birthday treat and the whole experience was outstanding. The food was fabulous and great if you like big portions!..

Cant recommend it enough

1  Thank RGJSheppey
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely evening here. Good was faultless. The atmosphere friendly and the staff helpful and accommidating. Will definitely be going back.

1  Thank Socraties5