All reviews horse riding the gap kids club special wedding dog friendly room horses and cows wedding venue family rooms are amazing venue three single beds beautiful hotel reception room star luxury the general manager family break upstairs lounge family friendly hotel
Reviewed 19 September 2018

The Dunloe is stunning, from the grounds to the rooms to the restaurant. The walking trails were helpful and we enjoyed seeing the horses and sheep right outside of the hotel. We wish we spent more time here!

1  Thank Trail527592
HDCManager_11, General Manager at The Dunloe Hotel and Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear Trail527582,

I am delighted to read that you had such a wonderful time here at The Dunloe Hotel and Gardens. We are very lucky to have such a beautiful setting surrounding us. I hope that next time you can stay longer, we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Very enjoyable stay in family room, 3 children. Very professional, friendly, and helpful staff. Great facilities - swimming pool, playroom, playground, horse riding, fairy trail on grounds enjoyed by children.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MC05

Dear MC05,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay here at The Dunloe Hotel and Gardens. I hope to welcome you and your family back again soon.

Genereal Manager

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We have just stayed here for 4 nights and it was excellent. We had Room 502, which had stunning views overlooking the fields, mountains and ponies.

The room was very large, huge bed and well appointed. Everywhere was spotlessly clean.

Breakfast was one of the best we have had and the dinners were equally as good.

The pool was very warm and clean. It did not open until 8am, but when I requested an earlier time it was immediately arranged with a warm smile.

The bar, lounge and reception area are beautifully designed and there is even 2 fairy doors in the skirting board.

The gardens are well laid out and it is well worth a walk round the fitness and fairy trail.

Only minor criticism would be that the bathroom is very small and the sliding door opens right onto the bed area which is not ideal.

Highly recommend and would definitely stay again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
HDCManager_11, General Manager at The Dunloe Hotel and Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear LyndaHilliardEvans,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in 502. We have 360 degrees of Panoramic views. I am delighted that you enjoyed all the renovated areas during your stay and the fairy trail. I will pass on your kind compliments to the rest of the Team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future. Until then we wish you all the best.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

Myself and my hubby and another couple spent one night in this hotel recently. The hotel and the views are just beautiful. We were a little disappointed with the leisure centre facilities. The sauna was small, there was no hot tub. Whilst I wouldn't have been using the gym, the facilities and machines were very very limited. The service was excellent. The lady on reception was very obliging with a couple of special requests. Breakfast was a little disappointing. We would have expected table service. The breakfast itself was middle of the road. We had incorrectly presumed our rate of €240 for a night midweek included breakfast. Breakfast was charged at €20 a head on our departure. If we had known breakfast was not included in the rate I don't think we would have eaten there, although the views were amazing.Overall a beautiful hotel but lacking a sense of luxury in the leisure centre area.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HDCManager_11, General Manager at The Dunloe Hotel and Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Dear Philippa P,

Thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry that you were disappointed with our leisure facilities, we usually have positive feedback on the pool area and the views from the pool. I understand that our gym is a small gym but all of the Technogym equipment is state of the art with iPod dock stations and television screens. We find that most of our guests enjoy the outdoor fitness track on the grounds which is 2km around the 21 acres of gardens. With regards to breakfast we have a huge selection on our buffet for breakfast. When you are seated we supply you with menus from which you can choose to be served your breakfast or help yourself from the buffet. My apologies if you were not offered table service on this occasion. Our team of Chefs are live cooking at the pass for anything you wish weather it be a boiled egg or Kippers its all available on request. Our breakfast is included in the rate if you book directly with the hotel and some of our third party booking companies don't include it so please book directly with us on your next stay. I am delighted that the service was excellent during your stay and we hope that you will return to stay with us in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Quality hotel in fantastic location with 5 star luxury. Different floor have different sized rooms, all at the same price. Something I didn't know when booking so if possible ask for one of the bigger rooms...not the 7th floor - very nice room but average compared to ones my friends got

1  Thank gmtryan
HDCManager_11, General Manager at The Dunloe Hotel and Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear gmtryan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the Dunloe Hotel and Gardens. I read that you were in one of our Gardens rooms during your stay. We do offer different room types as you mentioned. I believe your friends had a Superior room which is a different price as its a larger room. Please let us know when you are coming to stay again and we will discuss all the different room types and we will find the best fit for you. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.