1,364 results
All reviews the executive lounge train station business travel shuttle service valet parking free shuttle new york nyc doorman starbucks connecticut
Reviewed 5 June 2018

I love this place. Hilton Stamford is one of the nicest hotels I've seen. Thedia at the front desk, Jean, Dominique at the door, all awesome. The food is great and the rooms are all beautiful. The hotel shuttle will take you to the train (easy to NYC) or the mall.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Excellent property near I-95. Use the valet because self park is a hike. Staff is exceptional. We stayed with four kids and a dog. Everyone slept well. There are several nice parks on water close bybfor morning walk with the dog

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

I need to tell a little story about the Hilton Stamford...when I checked in, they gave me a key to room 666. It was late. I wasn’t thrilled with the room number but I was exhausted. As I got out of the shower the next morning I saw what were VERY clearly old blood stains on the tile floor. As I went back into the bedroom, I noticed additional blood stains on the carpet. When we returned from a long day of work I asked for a new room since the 666 and the blood made me a little uneasy. I proceed to my new room and find a man sleeping in the bed (we made sure to have the front desk check that he wasn’t dead after I ran out of the room screaming). I finished some work in the lobby and returned to my third hotel room in 2 days. I fixed the toilet (which wouldn’t flush or stop running). As I was brushing my teeth in room number 3 of my 2 night stay I realized there were long black hairs stuck all over the walls of the bathroom. I returned to the lobby in my pajamas at MIDNIGHT to share my newest experience with the front desk....they told me I would receive extra Hilton points and sent me on my way. Extra Hilton points. That’s it. I have yet to see said points, but frankly based on this DISGUSTING experience and complete lack of remedy provided by the hotel, I’d rather sleep in my car than stay at another Hilton.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Was there three days for a conference. Powerful shower, very comfortable bed, pretty clean with bath products. Acceptable gym, check in quick, there is a shuttle to the town that is only five minutes away, but the shuttle was always late. It took almost an hour for a pick up and it supposed to run every half an hour, but I believe they were having some staffing issues, union walk out or something when we were there. This led to their cleaning the room of all of our towels one day and not giving us any more, it took 2 calls to housekeeping to get towels, and they never did bring any coffee, cups, or cream, the doors slam and the walls are thin, but mostly it’s just too far from anything to make me want to stay there again. It was a good hotel for the convention, extremely large with an indoor pool . I have nothing against kids but it was really over run with them everywhere, and one guy wet and without a shirt was on the treadmill in the gym when I was there, with no towels to be seen anywhere. I would not stay there again. The only way to get there from Westchester airport, the nearest one in high plains New York, is a $60 hired car, rent a car, or Uber. The Uber price was cheap, quoted me $23, but I left my jacket on the plane and had to go back. The driver was very kind and did drive me back, and I gave him twice the price of the ride for a tip, because when I got out of the car the price still said $23 but then Uber ended up charging me for the whole distance anyway, so a 15 mile transfer cost me $73! Stamford is small & not much to see although I had good food at bartaco & barcelona wine bar.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Despite reserving with breakfast included we were charged. Despite requesting defeathered room, was not done & had to call three times. Paid for whirlpool which did not work & this is second time we had this problem at this hotel! May even be same room so had not been fixed since last year? Breakfast tray was not picked up in hallway for two days disgusting & health issue. Guest services & front desk don’t answer — we finally got through to have security come & deal with loud music next door but had to call several times before security handled it. Front desk unhelpful & rude regarding our complaints. Have contacted Hilton Honors to let them know we are extremely unsatisfied with what was an expensive weekend! Avoid!!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple