All reviews full kitchen front desk the penthouse pull out bed make your own waffles nice tv oatmeal complimentary breakfast only stayed one night visit family room was spacious convenient location enjoyed my stay ct units freeway relatives
Reviewed 11 July 2016

We stayed for 5 nights in July. This is a first generation Residence Inn with multiple 3 story buildings. It was renovated about 6 years ago. The gatehouse is small, dark and uninviting. There are no comfy chairs to gather with friends or family. Lighting is insufficient. Their Marketplace was literally empty. Common areas outside were again very tight and small. There is one seating area immediately outside of the gatehouse. A small pool area with sufficient amount of chaises and chairs. However, we arrived on July 4th and the area was MOBBED! There were multiple large groups of people everywhere. Seemed like the hotel was selling day passes to locals. Not good. The studio suite was spacious. We had two double beds. But the place was old and tired. Room was always humid; I could feel it in the carpets and still damp towels that hung by the bathroom. Even though I'd heard multiple times that they were planning renovations in 2017, that doesn't really do me any good today. Full kitchen was stocked with plates, silverware, & glasses.

Breakfast was pleasant. Make your own mini waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, yogurt. I would have liked to see a smile or a "good morning" or even a glance from front desk staff.

Evening mix was nice as well. Wine and beer with some light fare.

Wait for the renovation if you want to try this property. There are better options close by, it seems.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Dawn G, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are anticipating a room renovation for 2017 and we hope to give our guest rooms a nice refresher! We hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed 6 July 2016

we find this a perfect place to bring our grandson and we had this same penthouse rm about a year ago. In between we had a better room. There were some issues; fan needed cleaning, downstairs tub, ceiling and doorknob in bathroom were still in need of repair. I spoke at desk upon departure as it must go unreported or other ignored. We hope to return as it is clean and has good breakfast choices. A little attention could make it a lot better. Staff is nice and weekday evening mixers with treats are nice for guests also.

Room tip: the penthouse rooms are 2 story with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, kitchen ,living rm and 2 tv's
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay. We strive for guest satisfaction and we hope to take your suggestions and ensure this was an isolated issue. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Construction in the lobby was expected, however the job super for the construction crew apparently didn't understand that we, the guests, might want to park within 1/4 mile of our room. Not an exaggeration as we arrived post 10pm, and walked that far. The reason was apparent in the daytime - all construction lockers (the size of parking places) were randomly "parked" all of the lot taking up at least 10 to 20 space nearest the door.

Once inside - rooms are brand new - brand new everything. My room was quiet, but I had six rooms, and other guests were mixed with noisy HVAC being the biggest complaint.

Lobby was non-existent - like a bomb went off - by the time you read this it's probably all done, so if you like Marriott and Residence - give it a whirl.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Unfortuately, we are not going through any construction on our property. I am unsure of the specific construction you saw. Please feel free to discuss this with me directly.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

First: Easy to access multiple places, visiting: in NY: White Plains area, Poughkeepsie, and CT: New Haven, New London. Second: WiFi band width on my Jan stay here was good. Room #: 623 is very good. Third: Good sound isolation from second floor guest's steps, so could have good sleep, due renovation to old Residebce Inn time.
Bottom: (A) 4 rooms/floor, 2 stories cubic type typical layout. So, this hotel gave guest, really small home type feelings you can enjoy. (B) High WiFi band width could allow work to visiting site people with over net. So visit time, you cal optimize to only drive/visit office for face-to-face / dead heat cross-fire discussion only.
Merritt Parkway is always busy but Go thru Danbury, or Rt 95 use give us multiple options for driving route.
Last, staff here is very friendly, not just check in trime, but morning complementary breakfast staff too.

Worth try here, even little driving time get longer. If I will be in this center CT to Westchester NY area for business, this is best choice, after learned here survive.
.Fitness center is above check in counter, look dowm breakfast louge too. Wide enough, and 2 tred mil + 1 bycle type + weight danbell. Quite wide space, nice!

Room tip: Connectivity is critical to biz traveller, so ask good WiFi room. Usually 2nd floor room has good band width.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank naomia390

Thank you very much for such a kind review our your experience with us. We enjoyed having you stay with us and we look forward for your next trip to Shelton!
Dawn Gasper

Reviewed 6 June 2016

We arrived late on Friday night and were greeted by a super friendly gentleman (I believe his name was John). He quickly got me my keys and information and sent us on our way. When we entered the room it smelled very strongly like cleaning supplies, which is not necessarily a bad thing. But then...I went to the bathroom and nearly fell the floor was so slippery (later checked all non-carpeted areas and they were all skating rinks). My husband took off his shoes...and that was the end of that room. The rugs were sopping wet. We called John and he was super apologetic and accommodating. We figured that housekeeping must have shampooed the carpets, but never told anyone to hold the room back. He sent someone to us right away with a new set of keys and to help us switch to another room.
That room was similar but not as bad. All the non carpeted areas were skating rinks and these carpets were also damp - but not terrible. So we moved around the space in our shoes, got everyone settled, cranked up the AC and went to sleep. By morning the carpets were fine and the floors were still skating rinks.

When we got back to the room on Saturday evening, after it had been cleaned, they must have used something else on the floors - because the skating rink issue was done.

As for the space - we had a 'penthouse' suite room - which was great. There was a small living area and kitchen that my kids traded off using the pull out sofa. Then there was a bedroom on the main level with a bathroom and another queen bedroom with bathroom in the loft. It was great that we could all be in one space and our kids (the Bickersons) did not need to share a bed.

The room was ... dated. The tubs were all peely. Clean - but peely. The bathroom cabinets looked like a home depot special from the 90s. The bedding was fine. The beds were incredibly lumpy and the pillows were some of the worst I have ever slept on! The furniture in the living area was old and spent as well.

Saturday morning we went to breakfast before heading out...food was pretty good. Lots of selection and enough seating and it seemed pretty clean to me.

So overall - my feeling is...good, convenient location, clean facility, great room layout...but please...update this place - it deserves better and so do your customers!

1  Thank 2KidzOnTheGo
Dawn G, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to here you were disappointed with our hotel. We are expected to go through a renovation in 2017. We hope to see you again when it is complete!

Dawn Gasper- GM