All reviews guest house outdoor pool prime rib bottled water breakfast buffet new england wedding reception coffee maker full service hotel restaurant mini fridge yogurt home away from home front desk staff business trip enjoyed my stay stew
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We stopped here on our way down south. The hostess at the front desk was nice and helpful. Gave us a map and advised where we could go eat downtown. Our room had a very comfortable bed, was clean, and the shower was hot & had good water pressure. The complimentary breakfast was very nice as well. Was worth an overnight stay. The place is old and could use some updating, but nothing that made me regret staying here.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

The room was comfortable and the location was good. Pool is out door and a little small. My biggest problem was with the stall shower. I am only 5'-6" and it was cramped for me, I can only imagine what it would be like for a big guy. The only other problem was the pillows. Otherwise the conference facilities were satisfactory and the food provided was good.
Since the hotel is set back from the street noise is not a problem but I would get a room on the third floor particularly if it is above the banquet rooms. I would not want to be in a 2nd floor room while a wedding reception was going on in the first floor banquet room.

Room tip: Get a room on the third floor this way noise in the conference rooms is not an issue
Reviewed 15 September 2017

The "Norwalk Inn and Conference Center" is not your typical hotel that alludes to the Hilton's or Marriott's style. It is more like a house in the suburb. I spent just one night there, but I had enough time to appreciate the positive aspects of the hotel and noted the negative ones.

Positive aspects:
Fair price; Room is clean; room has a coffee maker; room has a small fridge; room has a study table; room is peaceful; bed is comfortable; TV works fine; bathroom is clean and water running well; staff is very welcoming and very attentive to guest's needs; pool is outdoor, and thus water looks pristine and incites for a dive, but be careful because it is deep; there is a vibrant bar and a restaurant that is well known for its steak _ I personally tried the steak and it was different, but tasty; hotel is a few minutes away from the original Stew Leonard's food center _ there they serve excellent lunch.

Negative aspects:
There is no microwave in the room; there is a rug on the elevator from which a weird smell is emanating; the pool water is not heated, and thus is quite cold.

My conclusion is that I would not stay at the "Norwalk Inn and Conference Center" for a long period of time, but a stay shorter than 4 days could be fairly pleasant and above all if you like a quiet place.
Go for it!

Room tip: Take a room higher than standard.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Yves A
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Its very handy for downtown Norwalk. Parking right outside the entrance close to the highway. We had the buffet breakfast included with the stay. It was a ok. It seems to be mostly for conventions so its not as cosy as you would expect at an Inn. Our room needed to be renovated . The bathroom was small and old . All in all it was Ok. The staff could have been more cordial but they may have been worn out by a convention that just left.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Very welcoming inn and friendly staff! Spent a weekend with family and we did enjoy the rooms and I personally appreciated the place historical look - I been told that it had been recently refurbished. Also very nice bar and loved the ribs at Adams Ribs restaurant ! Highly recommend!

Date of stay: June 2017