All reviews full size fridge grab and go the wi fi lost power room was clean a great stay convenient location harper appliances olivia gm
Reviewed 27 October 2018

Stayed in this hotel for a few months, this was all I could afford, given the fact that my office was nearby. The staff are very helpful and nice. The property is old and could do with a major upgrade. The cutlery provided will remind you of the movies based on trenches during the 1st World War. I requested for the room to be cleaned every day and the staff ensured it. They do charge extra for this. The ownership seems to be more interested in sucking out every penny from the property. The management went from good to , well , best left unsaid. The air conditioning is very noisy.

Room tip: If pricing of the room is the deciding factor, go for it
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. We're sorry our hotel did not meet your expectations. We agree there are areas within the hotel which are beginning to show their age.  We will share your feedback with appropriate individuals in our organization as we begin formulating plans for future renovations. Until those plans are approved, our goal is to deliver the best service of any hotel in the area, and we hope you'll make plans to stay with us again!

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

As I was discussing a problem with the front desk, I ask for the general manager because the problem was out of her hands. In many situations dealing with hotels usually your general manger can help... No he closed the door and did not come to see if any thing was alright. The front desk was nice she apologize and made excuses for him saying he’s busy. I was not at all pleased with management

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank Karencross1
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Your feedback will assist us in our efforts to continually improve our service and guest experience. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Stayed here for an overnighter while in Norwalk. Hotel is perched up on a hill off Main street providing a sense of comfort. The room and hotel were relatively clean and we had no issues with any part of our stay. Staff was polite and appliances inside room worked.

While we we're checking in there was a guest complaining about the smell in his room but we did not let this bother us.

Room tip: Rooms off the elevators were surprisingly quiet.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Vinny, thank you for choosing our hotel for your overnight stay. We are glad to read you liked your room and the service provided by our staff. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back whenever your travels bring you to Norwalk.

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

The housekeepers DO NOT CLEAN. Infestated in bed bugs on 3rd 2nd and 1st floors. Roaches in 3rd and 2nd floor. Sheets r all stained. They resuse sheets w out washing them. Condoms found in made beds. The staff is always different they nwver can keep the same nice people. They have no manager and on top of that they overcharge you to bring home bedbugs!

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank Kimmie M
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to leave feedback. We apologize for the unpleasant experience. Our management team has been made aware of your concerns, and we will certainly be following up with our housekeeping supervisor as well as our entire cleaning staff. Additionally, please know that we have strict policies and procedures in place to prevent pest control issues. However, we would appreciate additional information to identify the room you occupied so we may properly investigate and follow up if needed. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope you will consider giving us another chance to make a better impression in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

I don’t normally write reviews. But after what I just experienced I have to write one. I was never expecting this hotel to be five stars by any means so don’t get me wrong. But I will up load the pictures to show you how gross it truly is. First of all the freezer, the stove top, and half lighting units do not work. Then there is the grime in the cabinets and microwave. Finally to top it off I went to get my cats toy he knocked under the bed and I found a used condom laying there right in my face under my bed. I have never in my life experienced a room so foul. I have stayed in all sorts of hotels all over the world and this is by far one the worst experiences I have ever dealt with. If I could give a zero I would. But I keep the one star because I have to and the girl at the desk was kind and quickly changed my room. But that doesn’t change what I was put into in the first place. And for the price I’m paying to stay here. There is no excuse to have the sort of filth in a hotel room. Do your self a favor and stay away stay far away! I just cannot believe they would send someone into that room in the condition it was in and let a guest sleep there. What if a child found the thing under the bed and touched it. It’s horrifying to think about. Hotel should be ashamed.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience you faced in your room. This was certainly an isolated incident, and we take comments like yours very seriously. Your feedback has been discussed with our housekeeping and maintenance team to be more diligent going forward. Once again, please accept our apologies, and we hope you will afford us an opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future.