Open today: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Beautiful theatre

I went to the shubert recently to see finding neverland which was a great show. The shubert itself... read more

Reviewed 20 March 2019
Nora B
Milford, Connecticut
via mobile
Landmark Legend

Reviewed 12 February 2020
Robyn D
NEW HAVEN

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around New Haven
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 November 2023

11/17/23 Night out with the family, wife's Birthdays present to see the show (Queen). Had a rude customer sitting behind me, as I was with my family having fun. Then person sitting behind me told Security " I threaten him". Security came to my seat and embarrassed me, and my family as then threaten to through me out for having fun. They accused me of being inebriated and they were watching me. This coming from the security manager, short stocky person. Then another security person threatens my daughter, at that time I walk to the front entrance to ask, " Is there a problem for having fun" Is this a concert with music" You can't sing along. " The I was thrown out, I did not even see one song, I bought 4 tickets at $64.00 and did not see one song. I've been going to the Shubert since Carloine Wentworth was the Manager. I've never ever been treated this way since 1994. I have been invited to company party's many of times, so I guess I'm a bad guy, Hmm. I will do my best to spread this experience on social media and networking, NOT to ever go to the Shubert Theater because you'll get thrown out for having fun. You ruined my family's night and my wife's birthday.

Date of experience: November 2023
1  Thank Lenny P
Reviewed 13 February 2020

There's no denying the Shubert Theater's historic wonderment. It is a sight to see and brings quality, top rated shows. The downfall is,,, falling down! Just kidding but you need to use extreme caution in using the very narrow, very steep stairs with little holing support.

Date of experience: November 2019
2  Thank Robyn D
Reviewed 31 December 2019 via mobile

The show was deeply moving and we were all so happy to have seen it. I recommend it for anyone - families especially. The theater is historic but well kept. Acoustics were excellent. We sat in the Mezzanine and could see and hear quite well.

Date of experience: December 2019
2  Thank ChuckeyGal
Reviewed 22 October 2019

The Shubert Theater is a true off-Broadway theater with a Broadway spirit!! We went there twice already and we loved it. It is not too large inside, so even if you get cheap ticket for the 2nd layer balcony you'd see and hear everything clearly. The location is right near the New haven park and within downtown , parking's right next door and it is in a garage - you would be paying for it, but at least your car will be safe and you can visit any of the multiple restaurants and caffe's around and not to worry about your car.

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank ignatovv
Reviewed 8 July 2019

Excellent Theatre. Convenient Parking, close to major highways and many restaurants. Recommend that you make reservation to nearby restaurants as they get filled at the pre theatre times. This is my third visit to this theatre and each performance has been excellent production of the original NY theatre play.

Date of experience: June 2019