“A special Valentine”

Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Deep River
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cute little eatery with lots of interesting food choices. We serve organic and farm fresh meals that are creative and nourishing to the soul! Kid love the kids meals and we cater to vegetarians-vegans. We go to the regional market ourselves to insure the products are the fresh and straight from the farm. We have an extensive black board that features and describes healing teas that change with each season. Each season we offer a class on Energetics of Food based on Traditional Chinese Medicine that will forever change the way you look at each meal! Once a month we do a dinner for charity. 100% of the funds go to do clean potable water projects around the world and Hedy (the owner) travels to many of these locations with Rotary clubs. If you are looking for decadent sweets our Cinnamon bun French toast or stuffed pancakes are amazing! We would love to cook for you so I hope you will stop by on your next travels! Peace and happy eating!
Reviewed 5 March 2021

I live in the Pacific Northwest and have a cousin and her husband who live in Deep River, Ct. She is limited in ambulatory ways and we wanted to give her a special Valentine treat. I called Whistle Stop after checking the address and realized it was close to my cousin's home and asked if they could deliver a Valentine brunch to her. They put together something wonderful and even included a little teddy bear which thrilled my cousin. She is still talking about her Valentine surprise. Thank you again so very much.

Date of visit: February 2021
hedy_13, Owner at Whistle Stop, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2021

I was truly our pleasure. Thank you for thinking of us!!
Hope you had a wonderful Valentines day too!
Hedy

Write a reviewReviews (130)

Reviewed 5 January 2021

My husband and I had breakfast at The Whistle Stop on New Year's Day. We were so happy they were open! I had the BEST crab cake benedict. My husband ordered the Dutchman with a side of corned beef hash. We both truly enjoyed our meals. Order their anti-viral tea!

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank PowPow29
hedy_13, Owner at Whistle Stop, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2021

Thank you for your kind review.
Business is slow now with Covid and your comments really made my nite.
Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 27 November 2020 via mobile

We were a bit lonely when COVID got in the way of our Thanksgiving plans. Now we have a new tradition - Thanksgiving breakfast at the Whistle Stop. My Philadelphia special of sunny eggs on an English muffin with salmon, capers and hollandaise was outstanding! The special tea of lemon balm, golden rod, ginger and honey is made by the Chef, Hedy. It is a hearty and full of taste, rich in herbs and other good things. What a wonderful time. Thank you!

Date of visit: November 2020
hedy_13, Owner at Whistle Stop, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2020

Thank you so much for your kind review. We really appreciate your stopping by and hope to see you again very soon.
Thanksgiving was a fun day!!
Cheers

Reviewed 19 October 2020

We felt lucky to get a table early on a Sunday prior to our Fall Foliage tour. The menu, the down home service, the GREAT home cooked food, as well as the amazing conversation with Hedy, the owner on edible and medicinal plants of the area as well as her special herbal teas just made our morning very special. I had a Tuscanny breakfast sandwich, my friends had stuffed French toast, and an omlet. We were all equally pleased. YOU cant go wrong.
Make every effort to stop here for breakfast or lunch. You will be charmed and very satisfied.

Date of visit: October 2020
3  Thank Leeasmom
hedy_13, Owner at Whistle Stop, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2020

Thank you so much for stopping by. We were very pleased to meet you.
We very much appreciate your support in these crazy time.
Best in your travels.

Reviewed 25 September 2020 via mobile

Best brunch place on my vacation in Connecticut. The food was delicious and the staff are very friendly.

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank Camper65685431036

We very much appreciate your support in these crazy times.
Wonderful to meet you.