“Experience”

Get food delivered
OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #43 of 374 Restaurants in Bridgeport
Description: American Steakhouse, with locations in Bridgeport, Meriden and Norwalk CT, has been a family favorite since it first opened its doors in 1978. Dine-in or take-out at any of these locations and enjoy a delicious meal. At American Steakhouse, you'll receive fast and quality service while you enjoy mouth-watering steaks and ribs hot off the grill, juicy burgers and handcrafted sandwiches, baked and fried seafood and chicken dishes at low prices! *** NOW OFFERING CURB SIDE PICK-UP ***
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It was an amazing experience. Loved the food. Staff and service fabulous. I would love to celebrate my further events at this place.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (17)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great food, and excellent service. The steak was incredible! Highly recommend this place best in the area.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 22 January 2021

American steakhouse is one of the most delicious restaurants. Drive up or pickup, they serve you with a smile. The young lady took my order very graciously. All in all a good experience

Date of visit: January 2021
Isabel T, Owner at American Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks so much for your kind feedback, Ajay. Our team at American Steakhouse is great...and gracious! We are so lucky to have them. Hope you stop in again soon. Take care.

Reviewed 1 November 2020

I had a very good meal there. Good value,. Meat was cooked to order. Side dishes were very good. Staff so friendly and helpful. Place was clean and pleasant. Noted seniors, couples with families, and young people there. I recommend this place highly for a nice meal at a good price.

Date of visit: October 2020
IsabelT1366, Owner at American Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2020

Hey Marie, thanks so much for taking the time to write this great review for American Steakhouse. We really appreciate your feedback and your business. We hope you stop in again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2019

My husband and I went to the zoo for the afternoon and stopped for lunch at the American steakhouse. We have not been there in years bit we used to like it. It has gone extremely downhill!! The food was disgusting. The steak was so bad you couldn't eat it. I got up and walked over to the grill and the new steaks he was putting on the grill were gray in color. Gross! What used to be a good salad bar was now filled with things from a can and the soup was nothing but broth. No one ever came to the table to check on us, although I think that is on purpose because they probably only get complaints. Please don't waste your money here. There are so many better options in the area. Go somewhere where the food is fresh. This is not the place. It was so bad, I am hoping we don't get sick.

Date of visit: October 2019
americansteakhouse, Owner at American Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2019

Thank you for your honest review. I'm sorry about your experience during your last visit. We are typically known our delicious steaks and were recently voted Best Ribs for 2019 by Reader's Choice Awards. I would like to invite you to come in and speak to one of our managers so we can make it right and provide great customer service!