All reviews old chicago spiral staircase free breakfast during ski season convenient location easy access copper mountain skiing keystone mountains slopes dillon
Reviewed 13 September 2018

Came to Colorado for a family emergency a couple weeks ago and after landing in Denver late we had planned to drive straight through to get to our destination quicker. Long story short that didn't happen we pulled into Silverthorne very late (probably close to 2am Chicago time) and very tired with no place to stay. We saw the La Quinta sign and a crowded parking lot and thought well hopefully we find something. My mom went in and spoke to Brandon at the desk and he was very quick to help. In minutes we were checked in, unloaded and settling in to our room. Our time at the hotel though very short was also very memorable. At check out we had a chance to speak to Brandon again and he asked what we were traveling for, I explained the situation and he offered heartfelt condolences, wished us luck and asked if we needed anything else before we left. It meant a lot to us and we are very grateful to have encountered him on our trip. If you find yourself in Silverthorne choose La Quinta!! The beds were very comfortable, the room was clean, the breakfast was great, and the staff makes you feel like family. Not sure when I'll be back in Silverthorne but I can guarantee when I am I'll be staying at The La Quinta.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2018

We checked into the room and shortly there after discovered that the sink was plugged. I called the front desk and heard them answer and immediately hang up without saying a word. I called back and finally got an answer. I was assured the problem would be dealt with right away. Several hours later when we were leaving for the evening, the problem still hadn't been resolved. I mentioned it on the way out and the manager said he would personally get it fixed. Upon returning later that evening the manager greeted us at the door with the news that we had to change rooms. This was extremely inconvenient since we were with a 89 year old man. The second day of the stay we did not receive housekeeping services. We were told at the desk that we had our "do not disturb" sign posted on our door, which we did not, nor did we ever during our stay. The "pet friendly" policy was so pet friendly that I saw a dog lift his leg on a pillar in the lobby right in front of the front desk, which was ignored by the desk worker. There was also dogs barking throughout the hotel at all times of the night. The grassy area in front of the hotel was filled with pet waste, which the pet owners did not clean up. One redeeming quality in the hotel was breakfast. I will think twice before staying at a La Quinta again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We paid $150 for this motel. We were very disappointed. The first thing I noticed were the icicle lights hanging haphazardly around the entrance. The front entry was dirty, could use a pressure washing. The laundry room was disgusting. I saw a roach in the trash can, the washer connections were bubbling soap and water, it had trash on the floor and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time. We sat in the lobby while we waited on our laundry and the desk attendants were cursing every other word. I understand they were talking to each other and not to us but still...Our room was ok. Like an 80s motel 6. The handle was broken on the shower door. Breakfast was a joke. The room was full at 730 and there was 1 slice of bacon, a tablespoon of eggs and no coffee! The attendant couldn't keep up and didn't really act like she cared. If you wanted more than a bagel and cereal you were out of luck. We were on a 5 night trip and this was the most expensive and most disappointing LQ of the trip.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

The staff was very friendly. Service was 5 Star. However, when we reached our room (which was supposedly an upgrade, my wife used the bathroom only to discover that it was clogged and nearly ran over. We reported this and were moved to another room which did not have the king bed we had originally requested. In addition, the remote would not work with the tv. Add to that the fact that the air conditioner fan cycled on and off at 1-3 second intervals a dozen times every time it started, badly worn and beat up rooms, and the fact that the grounds surrounding the building were totally neglected. This La Quinta has made me question my loyalty to the brand.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Hotel staff was accommodating/ friendly, great breakfast buffet hot and well stocked and clean, rooms were clean and in good repair, looks like all renovations are completed and a restaurant has leased the three empty restaurant space and is under remodel

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends