“Perfect after a long day...”

Nick-N-Willy's Pizza
Ranked #13 of 38 Restaurants in Silverthorne
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 11 August 2017

After visiting Peak 8 Adventure Park and horseback riding with the family, I wasn't in the mood to eat dinner out at any of the local establishments.

So, using TA, I located Nick-N-Willys Pizza and after reading some reviews, I decided to give them a call.

I am glad I did. The pizza was perfect, liked by everyone in the family. I especially enjoyed the veggie pizza.

While I wish they delivered, it wasn't a big deal to drive and grab it...it was worth it.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Nick N Willy's, in Silverthorne, is a great little place. The pizza is always good, and freshly made, and the staff is fun. Having said that, I'll fill you in a bit more.

The very first thing you'll notice is that it's small. The only seating is either on the patio, or at a counter inside. There are no indoor tables, and I wouldn't suggest bringing a group, unless you don't mind sitting side by side. Take and bake, or hot take out, might be your best option.

When you order from Nick N Willy's don't expect a big, heavy, thick crust pizza. Their pies are hand tossed, thin and crispy, artisan style. That means that the crust will sometimes get black on the edges. For those of us who like this style of pizza, it's not burnt, it's flavor.

If you sit at the counter, you can watch them put your pie together. In my experience, there's nothing skimpy about it, but again, this is about flavor, not quantity. I like to get the nuances of each ingredient, and yet enjoy the complete blend of flavors in my mouth.

So, here's the thing: If you want a really good, freshly made, thin and crispy pizza, this is the place to go. If you want a big, heavy, saucy pie, you'll probably want to go somewhere else.

The four star rating is because of the seating situation. Otherwise, it would be a five.

1  Thank Don B
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Very average fare. We don't like their crust or sauce. There are better choices at Peppino's and Grecco's in Frisco or Eric's and Giampietro's in Breck. If you're a pizza lover, this isn't the place for you.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

We ordered pizza twice from Nick-N-Willys while on vacation in Lake Dillon. Everyone in the family gave it great reviews. I ordered a pizza with double mushrooms, and it was the absolute BEST mushroom pizza I have ever had. Wow. Thank you!! The gentleman taking our order was friendly and got all eight pizzas right! We will definitely go back here, next time we are in Lake Dillon. I just wish we had a Nick-N-Willys in our town.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

This establishment is right in our neighborhood and it's a perfect option for when we don't want to cook. We always get the take n bake because we like our pizza cooked nice and brown. The crust is light and the specialty pizzas are very good. We love the Margherita and the Mediterranean. It is a little pricey for pizza, but the family size pies are very large and will feed all 5 of us!