“The frosting on the cake of a great trip to...”

Review of Parshall Place

Parshall Place Bath049
Parshall Place Lodge Room 3
Parshall Place Siesta Suite042
River views
The overlook deck - The Colorado River Valley - Gorgeous!!!!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
scooterwa...
Walla Walla, WA
“The frosting on the cake of a great trip to Colorado”
Reviewed 10 July 2011 for a stay in July 2011

We stayed at the Parshall Place on July 5-7, 2011 with my cousin and her husband. There were 5 in our party, and there was plenty of room in the house for all of us. After carefully reviewing the pictures that my cousin sent, I was expecting something a little more run down, but, but when we arrived, I was favorably surprised by the overall quality of the property. The owner has done to great lengths to add several amenities and to add tasteful details to the guest experience. There was a jar of fresh cookies awaiting us, with choices of coffee and tea, as well as a water cooler in the kitchen (the owner recommends not to drink the tap water). There house was splendidly decorated in a rustic theme. Other amenities include a washer/dryer, Direct TV in 3 locations, 2 bathrooms, horseshoe area, outdoor fire pit (great for Smores!), gas barbecue, lovely dining area. Wow! I would suggest buying mosquito repellent with at least 40% DEET, as the bugs down at the Colorado River were tenacious. Also, I would highly recommend eating at the Maverick Grille in Granby (15 miles east); we ate lunch and dinner there and it was awesome! Please keep in mind that this property is a little out of the way, but is still a reasonable drive with access to Granby, Rocky Mountain National Park, and the Grand Lake area. All I can say is that I hope I can stay here again in the near future.

Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:

Denver
Reviewed 20 October 2010 for a stay in October 2010

Check-in / front desk
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing