Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
STL63141
Saint Louis, Missouri

A lovely oasis

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Jun 2024
We were only here two nights but we really enjoyed our stay. The grounds are beautiful. We had dinner one night at Tapestry and the food was very good. We were also very pleased to see that they had a laundry room - we were on an 11-day road trip, and it was nice to have clean clothes for the second leg of our journey. Very nice place.
Trip type: Travelled with family
    $140
    $182
14.8 km from Wine Country Inn
View more hotels in Palisade
All reviews grand junction complimentary glass of wine local wineries western slope western colorado pool and hot tub each evening complimentary breakfast nice pool bed was very comfortable lodging denver
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2024

Let me tell you about the worst hotel experience of my life. My best friend and I decided to extend our girls' trip to Glenwood Springs and check out a winery in Palisade, so we booked this hotel last minute and arrived around midnight. The night clerk checked us in and directed us to our room, which we needed to drive to and access from a side door.

As we approached the door, we encountered a clearly intoxicated couple who asked us to let them into the hotel. Feeling uncomfortable due to the late hour and their condition, we politely declined. When we used our card to enter, the drunk woman grabbed the door and yelled, "Hey, I got the door, let's go." I immediately went into protective mode and yanked the door closed, jamming my toe and falling backward in the process. The couple outside laughed and taunted us, so I pushed the girl back and quickly shut the door.

We called the front desk to report the incident and request band-aids for my injured toenail. The night auditor informed us she had called the police and mentioned that the security footage didn’t look favorable for us. We soon discovered that this hotel has no outside video surveillance. The night auditor claimed the couple were hotel guests and suggested we should have let them in. The police did not file any charges due to the lack of outside footage.

Around 7 am, I called the front desk to ask the night auditor why she felt the need to confront us and imply we were at fault. She hung up on me and then came to our room to notify us we were being kicked out. When I asked why, she only provided the general manager's contact information.

Upon checking other reviews, I noticed a pattern of this night auditor mishandling situations, often resulting in guests being kicked out or the police being called over minor inconveniences. Contacting the general manager gets you nowhere, as it’s clear they don’t care about guest experiences. The hotel is dated, lacks outside security, and the staff doesn't care if you have a bad experience. They just continue to profit while ignoring these issues.

I’m sharing this review to warn others that this hotel has a recurring problem with poor management and guest safety. Avoid Wine Country Inn Hotel if you value a safe and pleasant stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2024

Beautiful, clean and comfortable. This was a great stay. Probably my favorite hotel of our CO trip. The room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was amazing. Hot choices and fresh pastries. I would definitely stay here again and recommend you do the same.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2024 via mobile

Overall a fine, comfortable hotel — complete with little pool, decent restaurant, free basic breakfast, and a wine tasting room in walking distance. But you MUST drive here, because despite what the front desk says, it is NOT walkable to downtown Palisade (1.3 miles in the hot sun with no shade is not a good walk). And it’s shocking to me they don’t run a shuttle to/from downtown for people wanting to shop or dine there (or even rent a bike to ride around wine country). The breakfast is fine: sausage, bacon, eggs, cereal. The dinner restaurant is also fine: soup, salad, salmon, steak, and similar. The restaurant options downtown are better (if you can get there). The pool is a little outdated and often has children, so it’s fine. Overall, everything is fine. The beds ARE comfortable and all the roses and plants beautiful.

In retrospect, I wish I’d have booked something a little more conveniently located.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2024 via mobile

We’d had a long, awful drive and were pleased to finally arrive at this little gem!
We checked in and were given directions to our room which was so lovely, very tasteful and cute and comfortable!
We went down to the wine tasting and enjoyed a glass sat in the sun, it was heaven.
Then we went to Caroline’s for a meal and it was excellent. My husband had the French onion soup followed by elk sausages, I had a chicken sandwich, we both really enjoyed it.
Our waiter was Jesse, absolutely lovely, very friendly and chatty. We’d really had a terrible journey across from the Rockies, what should have taken 5 hours took 8 1/2 hours due to snow, diversions and then a completely shattered windscreen resulting in a hire car change. We were frazzled! Jesse listened to our woes and at the end of the meal said he’d given us a round of drinks on the house. That one small gesture, after an incredibly fraught and tense day, just about reduced me to tears, what a lovely thing for him to do. Hang on to that lad, he’s a credit to you. Thanks Jesse x

After a much needed good nights sleep we went for breakfast, some hot and cold choices, the usual things, juice coffee etc too.
And grateful thanks for the empty box I asked for to keep various things in inside the car - that box lasted our whole trip and was invaluable! I didn’t get the gents name who was on breakfast service that morning but thanks!
A great hotel, friendly, good location, comfortable, highly recommend!

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2024

Our stay was amazing! The staff were all friendly; our room was spotless clean. We purchased the Passion Package and that was beautiful. We had rose petals on the dress, on the bed in the shape of a large heart, with a rose in the middle and many more "goodies." It was a wonderful get a way for my husband and I.
It couldn't have been more perfect!
I highly recommend Wine Country Inn!

Room tip: The bed was extremely comfortable, staff super friendly and cheery and premises super clean and well kept.
Date of stay: March 2024