“Great skiing and stay at Gateway Lodge”
Review of Keystone Ski Area

Keystone Ski Area
Ranked #3 of 7 things to do in Keystone
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Extensive terrain covering three mountains offers a wide variety of trails for skiers plus other activities including snowshoeing, tubing, ice skating and snowboarding.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We stayed at Gateway Lodge for six nights, skiing 3 days at Keystone and 1 day each at Vail, Breckenridge and Arapahoe Basin. Although by Colorado standards there wasn't a ton of snow in February 2018, the skiing was great and we really enjoyed the variety of trails at Keystone. We like steep groomed trails, and there were some nice long ones there: Diamondback and Starfire were some of our favorites. The night skiing was really good too, over on the front of the mountain by River Run base area. The Gatehouse Lodge was fine to stay in ... we were in efficiency condo 5070, which was in good shape, practical for the two of us with a kitchenette for breakfast and good wifi. However, it's a 15 minute walk with skis to the River Run gondola, which is a bit much. It's better if you time it to catch the free shuttle bus in the morning, where River Run is the next stop. In the afternoon it's harder to catch the timing right, and Gatehouse is the last stop so there's a 20-minute bus ride. We used the communal hot tub and pool once ... not bad although there was an issue with foamy bubbles. You can bring a drink with you if you want. Lots of good restaurants close by ... I had one of the best steaks of my life at Zuma Roadhouse. And up the road in Dillon there are more ... the Arapahoe Cafe and ProFusion were excellent. The other ski areas are easily reached: 20 minutes to Break, 40 minutes to Vail, 10 minutes to Arapahoe Basin. All in all, a great central location with plenty of options for skiing and entertainment about 1.5 hours from Denver.

1  Thank Odd_Meter
Write a ReviewReviews (1,040)
All reviews
in 21 reviews
"ski lift"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 21 April 2018

Went with the family. Kids and wife took lessons. Not cheap! But the instructors were professional and helpful. The lift line were not too bad. Conditions could have been better. It was very windy for a couple of days. Town area was great.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Kids ski free if you get lodging through Keystone Resort and you have night skiing!!! We come back year after year. It never disappoints.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

We have never skied Keystone before but were very impressed with the area and the lodgings .
We liked the ski village and the fact they supplied ,free of charge , a cart to take all your skis and any other items that were needed .

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Before making the trip to Colorado I had only been skiing previously once before. Since I was nervous, my husband and I signed up for a class with the ski school in Keystone. This was the best decision we could have made. Our instructor, Jeff, was patient and kind, and really helped me gain confidence over the course of the day which helped my week in Colorado start off on the right foot. Keystone has a ton of trails for beginners which is great because I felt like I never skied the same route twice all week. My husband and I stayed in River Run Village, and everything from our lift passes to ski school to our rooms were linked together making everything super user friendly and convenient to track your activities on the mountain. I can't wait to return next spring and enjoy Keystone again!

1  Thank Morgan T