Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
GhiaGirl
Clarkdale, Arizona

Odd, But Acceptable

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Aug 2018
Truly a weird and sort of comical place....not because of the room which was adequate and pretty standard for a Motel 6 (though slightly worn), but because of the other guests. I guess it was fair to expect some shady itinerant characters since we were so nearby Interstate 70. The motel was populated with such a weird and interesting assortment of folks, lingering around at the pool (right outside our room), walking their dogs on the lawn, teenagers hypnotized by their smartphones, Canadian bikers-- even some locals who struck up a conversation with us as they sat outside their room drinking beers and smoking. Apparently even though they live in Grand Junction they like to get a room here sometimes to "use the pool".The hotel was busy and pretty full.

We often stay at Motel 6 because of their great pet policy-- no charge for pets (maximum 2). The room was clean and the beds were good. The bathroom was big and the shower great. The laminate flooring was getting pretty worn, and the door to the room was chalky/smudgy/grimy. TV was good. No Wi-Fi (was not offered and they were having some internet issues when we first arrived causing us to not be able to check in until later). No fridge, no microwave, no coffee maker (coffee provided in lobby in morning). Two ice machines in lobby area.

Overall. fair for a Motel 6.
Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
    $283
  • Hampton
6.5 km from Motel 6 Grand Junction
View more hotels in Grand Junction
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I usually have good results with Motel 6, but the results at this place were a little mixed. The day I arrived I had just finished driving 14 hours straight, so I was beat. It was Friday night so I expected the rates to be higher. The room was 100 bucks for the night. I was grateful to get it. The room was equipped with a tiny shower, that was too small. The bed was lumpy and uncomfortable. Perhaps I got the bad luck of the draw, and all the other mattresses were better. I don't really know. I needed a place to crash, and this room was available. I will end this review on a good note, the lady behind the front desk was very nice, and there are plenty of good restaurants nearby.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Glenn O
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

I asked for a handicap room and when I got in there was a normal shower with a grab rail. Thank god I don’t roll along or I would have been in deep.

Friendly check in to be sure! The best part of the experience.

The beds were like Springs with a Kleenex over top for cushion. I’m dying today from the spring bruises...

Since I’m relocation to the west coast I’m sure I’ll not be back. My dog even slept poorly and that’s saying something!

Knock it down and start again...

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Icantdrive65
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your review. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We do offer accessible rooms to our guests and request them to communicate their needs should they not be met by the available accessible room type that they are looking for. We apologize for the difficulties you experienced. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

I had a problem with my phone when I went to the front desk Tony {the front desk clerk} was busy with another person, so I was greeted by the GM Amber. I could not get my phone to work. I asked for her help, She did not hesitate. She was happy to help me. My daughter who knows everything about smartphones couldn't even fix it. I got to my room after Tony checked me in and it worked. I was pleased to have such wonderful and eager to help people greet me. Check in was easy, quick, and very pleasant. Thank you Amber, You saved me a lot of money! Room was clean and comfortable for an older hotel. I felt safe and had no worries.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Traveled from Denver to Grand Junction at night and wanted to make sure I did not have to sleep in the car.
Booked this motel from my cell phone while my grand son was driving.
This is not the best Motel 6 I have visited but it was a good resting place for the night.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I rented for winefest and was embarrassed by our lodging so I sprang for massages in town for my friends. It would've been cheaper if I'd just rented somewhere nice. The bathroom door didn't really close, the bedspreads looked like something from my childhood (the tv too), no lotion/shampoo/conditioner. It was super dated, zero amenities, and plain. I really do have low standards when it comes to motels, but this was bad. No lobby, no decor in the room, thin and old juvenile bedspreads, no landscaping. There was a pool, though, which seemed fine.

Date of stay: September 2017