“Authentic ”
Review of Tacos Tequila

Tacos Tequila
Ranked #19 of 36 Restaurants in Dillon
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I had super delicious beef toastas with guacamole. Crispy, fresh and authentic as my daughter's
Mexican mother-in-law makes. Great for a quick meal.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

I hate to slam a local establishment, but they've earned it. We try to go to new places to add additional restaurant choices and not always go to favorites. As we had a local's discount coupon, we decided to give it a shot.
We met friends there for dinner 1.75 hours before the start of a play. We barely made the play. The service was indifferent and glacial. The food wasn't any better.
Their taco chips were stale and the salsa was watery. I had fajitas and expected them to come to the table sizzling. They were lukewarm and the beef was overcooked. My wife's dish was tasteless. Our friends fared better as they ordered a shredded beef burrito that was tasty and a shredded beef quesadilla that was good.
I had to ask twice for silverware and plates to divide up our food. They took a LOT of time in delivering them. As the restaurant wasn't busy, I really questioned the slow service and lukewarm food.
Trying to pay and leave was a rigorous ordeal as well with me finally saying "we are leaving now". They had trouble with their credit card processing machine so I just emptied my last dollar from my wallet and left.
Maybe this was a bad day for them and they are normally better. I admit to being a hard judge of restaurants especially when it comes to bad service its one and done. We will never return.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

The food was good and good value. I had chicken tacos and the sauces were very flavorful - but watch out the red is HOT. 3 tacos for about $8. Also has a bakery inside and my husband liked his horchacha (sp?). Flan looked overdone (bubbles inside) but he thought it tasted great. Very basic decor but fine.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

This restaurant seems very authentic. It is not very fancy. The employees are very friendly. There is plenty of parking. It is located in a small mall that has seen better days. We got take out and the food was good. Not gourmet, but honest.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

We arrived to a pretty empty restaurant.. 7 of us were sat down at a large booth. Took about 15 minutes for us to order any drinks and longer than that to order food. After ordering drinks, we were asked to move to another table so a group could sit down. No big deal until we were asked to move once again to a much smaller table that only fit 4 people. Only half of us were able to sit down. Food took about an hour to get to us. Did not look or taste appealing. At checkout they didn't apologize or offer to pay for a single drink. Would not recommend. Will not be back. Drive a little further to Frisco and go to Hacienda Real!