All reviewsmaggie pondfull kitchenstayed at the marriottbedroom villamain streetgreat locationdaily activitiescharter sportspull out coucheswithin walking distanceparking garagemarriott timesharewhirlpool tuboutdoor poolin townping pongblue river
Reviewed 23 February 2018

This hotel of course has a great location walking distance from everything you'd want to go to in Breckenridge. It does have the problem that other vacation club properties have - some of the rooms are a bit dated and could use updating. Service can also be spotty at Vacation Clubs in my experience, although this property does a good job (they provided a gift basket as we visited on my birthday.).

Overall, I've stayed here more than once before and would stay again. Could be better but for what's available in town, this a good choice.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NikkoC27
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Thank-you for taking the time to share a review of our resort. We appreciate your comments and will be sure to pass them on to the correct leadership for review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

We stayed two nights at the Mountain Valley Lodge. At first I was disappointed. You walk into a dreary front desk area...and zero smiling faces. Our room was not ready so they said they would call me when it was. They did not call when it was ready. I went back to the hotel and was able to check in...but they did not call me to let me know my room was ready until an hour after I was in the room. In fact my check in was past 4 (4:30)! They should have had my room ready earlier than that! When I inquired about a lounge I found out they didn't have one....so again my Gold membership did not pay off.
I found out this hotel is a time share institution and not a typical Marriott. I was disappointed again. So why am I giving this hotel 4 stars? First of all the hotel is in a great location...you can walk to all the restaurants and shops in town. Second of all the room (we had a suite) had1 bedroom and 2 baths and a den (with a fold away bed) and a kitchen with every supply you need. Our room was very clean. And the last reason I am giving it 4 stars is because they offer a daily activity to look forward to. One night we made complimentary smores by the firepit. The next morning they had waffles (with a fee). And that night they had a complimentary hot cocoa bar in the public room that contains a fireplace. The public areas need an update...but it was nice to go down for the hot cocoa activity...tons of toppings were put out. The day we left I believe they were having a complimentary wine and cheese night in the public room. The activities made up for the missing lounge that I look forward to.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank TexanTraveler2013
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Thank-you for posting a review of our resort. We're disappointed to hear about your arrival and check-in experience. Your comments will be reviewed with the leadership to ensure corrective action is taken. It's great to hear you enjoyed the activities. I'll be sure to share those comments as well with our activities team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

beautiful facility filled with activity and plenty of room for everyone. easy walk to downtown if sidewalks aren't icy, and wonderful places to stop by to warm up all the way to your desitnation, whether shopping for souvenirs, groceries or great food

Room Tip: all the rooms are great, easy access to elevators, and lobby. pass the pool through a breezy courtyard of shops, and you are downtown
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank dbenish
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Thank-you for your review.
Please come back and stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Walked into the front desk, made eye contact with John, he gives that hollow stare... what do you want? Not a smile, not hello, not how may i help you? One doesn't feel welcomed, its like what are you doing here? Leave.
The sad part is, John has no perception of how uninviting his guest sevice comes accross. Is it that John doesn't care? Or that its just a job? Does he not realize he is talking to a fellow human? Is there no training to make him successful or maybe the corporate body is filling a position, going through the motions? John, are you this way to people you like... or just people on the other side of the counter...guests? Get over it or move on.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Quibble U
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Your feedback is very important to us and has been shared with our senior resort management.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Staff that don’t really care about your experience and completely un accommodating. Tell you things and then don’t back them up. Won’t ever come back to this property. Do the Residence Inn. They know customer service.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg G
MarriottVacationClub, other at Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please reach out to our Customer Care team directly at 800-860-9384 or customer.care@vacationclub.com so we may assist you.