See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 February 2018

I was moved to this hotel for 2.5 weeks after the other place we were at was not inhabitable. I went there to work after the fires (for the fires). The first week I stayed on the third floor in a beautifully remodeled room. Breakfast was included and offered plenty of choices.

The second week I was there, I stayed on the second floor. Even though the hotel was booked, I was able to move back to a room on the third floor into a partially remodeled room. I was very happy.

Security cards got me in and out of the hotel and once again, breakfast was available and very good.

There are numerous restaurants nearby, including one right next to the hotel that is really good food. The mall is also walking distance. I would stay there again.

The bad: My free wifi rarely worked.

Room tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor
Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Check in went well. No smoking hotel, hallway wreaked of marijuana ?? No animals yet room next door had barking dog?? Pool closed though was assured at booking it was open. Room overpowering scented stink. Door security lock broken, snapped off and not replaced. Shower curtain rod one side barely attached to wall. Tub backed up when showering. Smoke detector covered in plastic??? I think that is plenty of a description. Paid over $90.00 for this "dump" Also Hotel is on end of town in not so nice neighborhood.

Room tip: There are several hotels closer to amenities that are nicer and affordable.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank jdserenity
Reviewed 25 September 2017

2.5 stars is about right. A small tick above a Motel 6. A pretty realistic tell is you have to sign out an iron, and the desk attendant says the elevator may or may not work. Wifi is about as slow as it can possibly be and still be considered to 'work'.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Lockjaw43
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I suppose there must be a version of Maslow's Hierarchy of Need when it comes to Hotels, and the Hotel Santa Rosa probably services the lowest, most basic form of that. Can you sleep there, in security, with a warm shower? Yes. Is it the nicest hotel in the world? No. Our first room had a door that didn't close-- it could be pushed open.The front desk staff was friendly and apologetic and happy to move us to a new room. The second room had a door that worked but instead had a shower with a broken handle, so it was difficult to adjust the temperature. Spotty Wifi in both rooms. Still, at the end of the day the room was quiet, the front desk staff was friendly and the room was clean, and nobody is expecting the Ritz. Good place to stay on a budget.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Horrid man at the desk!

He wanted me to leave because of a mix up in the reservation after I had been there three days! When I tried to talk to him he hung up on me. Lied to me 3 times. 1st my dog was barking; second, I was wrong about the reservation; and third, there were no available rooms left. I went to the front desk and asked for the manager, then suddenly I had my room.

Thats no way to treat a 66 year old woman with her husband in the hospital.

Room tip: Check the toilet seat make sure its not broken!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo