US$222
US$261
GardenInn.com
US$216
  • Pool
North Bay Inn(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$261
Sandman(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$216
Sandman Hotel
All reviewshistoric hotelcarriage housemain buildingcoffee houserailroad squarecoffee shop across the streetcontinental breakfasthomeless peoplebagelsantique shopswithin walking distancefloor roomwonderful hotelrussian river breweryhard boiled eggsthe general managersmall balcony
Reviewed 5 June 2018

We chose the historic La Rose hotel building recently, and it is very good. But the carriage house building has larger and more modern rooms. Either way, this is a good choice in Santa Rosa. Reasonably priced for this expensive area. Good breakfast in a large old-time room. Hotel has an elevator to upper floors. Hilda is a competent desk clerk.

Room Tip: Ask for street level room in main hotel building
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Jeff W, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Philwescott,

Thank you for your stay with us at the Hotel La Rose. I am pleased that you enjoyed your guest room in our historic Main Building, and thank you for your comments concerning our farmhouse-style guest rooms in our Carriage House. I am also glad that you enjoyed our complimentary continental breakfast. I hope to have the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Located in historic part of town. This hotel makes you feel like you have traveled back in time. It's not normally our style to stay in an independent hotel, but this one will make us look for other cool places to stay. We had a room on the forth floor, outfitted with antique furniture, a comfortable post bed, and a wonderful balcony. The hotel has been renovate so it does have a modern elevator, card fab locks and flat screen tv's. Continental breakfast was nice. Lots of fruits and pastries, and make your own waffles. We would definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to going back some day.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Jeff W, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear familyfunwith5,

Thank you for your recent visit and thanks, too, for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the classic nature of our hotel, and were comfortable in your guest room on the top floor of our historic Main Building. I am also glad that you enjoyed the complimentary continental breakfast. I hope to have the opportunity of hosting you again on a future visit.

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

I am pleased with my stay at hotel la rose. It is a nice establishment. Breakfast is good. It is very close to everything downtown. The staff have helped me with my questions and needs. I would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Jeff W, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear markdaytonherron,

Thank you for your stay with us and for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the additional hotel rooms across the street from the main hotel. When we reserved we did not realize that it was not going to be in the hotel that was in the photos on line so were disappointed with the ground level room not in the beautiful hotel pictured on line. Rooms are spacious and comfortable but we needed to call regarding a cleanliness issue in the bathroom. The person who came to take care of it was the same person that checked us in. Breakfast was in the main hotel so we needed jackets to get coffee or breakfast.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank reginamrogoz10
Jeff W, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dear reginamrogoz10,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us at the Hotel La Rose. I am sorry that you were disappointed in your room in our Carriage House. Though not in our historic building, these rooms have been recently refurbished in a farmhouse style motif and are larger that the rooms in the Main Building. In addition, each room at the Carriage House has its own patio or balcony. I apologize for the housekeeping issue, but pleased that our guest service agent was able to take care of it. On your next visit, request a Main Building location when making your reservation. Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

This hotel is in a great location in the historic railroad district. It is clean and tidy but is decorated in a rather twee chintzy style that kind of fits with the historic district. The rooms are large and well equipped. However there is no restaurant or lounge or bar. There is an average continental breakfast. And overall the staff are pretty perfunctory and unfriendly.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear MAR-AM_UK,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hotel La Rose, and for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your guest room and our convenient location in historic Railroad Square. We are in the process of refurbishing our restaurant, I apologize for it not being available during your stay. I am sorry that our staff did not meet your expectations.