“High quality lunch close to pier”

Del Frisco's Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Frisco's Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 768 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Description: Del Frisco's Grille is a modern and stylish spin on the classic bar and grill, drawing inspiration from bold flavors and market-fresh ingredients. Our menu is a tempting mix of prime steaks, fresh seafood and twists on American comfort cuisine.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We were looking for a place close to (but not on) the pier, being on bikes, and were delighted by our lunch at Del Frisco’s just across the street. It was a vast step-up from the tourist traps on the pier, with great outdoor seating with beach view, and an elegant inside. Granted, it is pricey. My friends raved about their big juicy burgers. For about the same price I had the ahi tacos ($17.) The waitress warned me that it was a small quantity, but I found it more than ample (especially since I poached a few of my wife’s Parmesan-sprinkled house fries). Beautiful presentation: four 3-inch crispy tacos set up on a rack, each loaded with guacamole and raw tuna, and topped by a squiggly line of wasabi garnish. It was a deliciously balanced mix of flavors, enhanced by the crunch of taco shell. (About three good bites per taco. ) Perfect for a lunch, even after pedalling 56 miles through LA on Route 66. Wine and beer selection was also excellent.

1  Thank bunning

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We went there with friends on a Saturday evening and stayed on the patio for hours, just having drinks (mine, iced tea) and appetizers.

The menu could be a little more varied - in particular, to provide options for people on protein or keto diets. That was limited.

But the waiter (Bryce) was so sweet. He made me a desert of whipped cream with a little caramel sauce.

The appetizers and cakes were quite luscious.

And sitting out on the patio on a perfect evening was such a delight.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

The restaurant is located right opposite the entrance to the Santa Monica Pier as is a great place to get a lunch, whilst watching the people come and go.
There is inside and outside dining, with the outside dining behind glass to stop any uncomfortable wind.
They have a great selection of food to order and a good drinks list.
Service was friendly and informative, and is can be easy to see why people linger here as they watch the visitors to the pier come and go.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised given its location and the number of tourists around at how genuine this place is. Service was great but not in your face including a non pretentious suggestion of wine. Menu was eclectic and not full of typical American fare. Hubby had a beef rib stroganoff with pappardelle- delicious! I had sliced sesame tuna on an Asia noodle salad.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Myself, my husband and my husbands uncle ate here and all agreed that it was one of the best steaks we've ever had.

I have my steak bleu and often it comes out cold in the middle but not here, it was heated all the was through but not overcooked.