“Good stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Private Patio
View from Private Patio Looking Right
View from Private Patio Looking Left
Backyard gate to the unit
Entrance to the property Gate will always be opened
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

2047K
RDU
“Good stay”
Reviewed 9 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

I liked the convenience to u c s b and the room was just what I needed as a singleton. The owner was responsive. The patio is an added treat at the end of the day.

pamelabud...
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“Small piece of heaven”
Reviewed 13 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Yes, this is a small place, but when you are with your special guy, this is not an issue. We were both charmed by the owner, Chris, who went out of her way to providing us with whatever we needed to make our stay as interesting and as comfortable as possible. As we were mainly interested in a getaway together, we appreciated the privacy staying here, afforded us. We both look forward to returning to this peaceful beautiful setting in the future. I would like to thank Chris for her warm hospitality and her attentive care she gives to her guests.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The property is beautiful....we had our own little oasis to ourselves.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
scary639
Province of Rome, Italy
“Wonderful quiet lodgings”
Reviewed 2 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

I loved my 3 week stay with Chris. Very quiet & peaceful place to stay in Santa Barbara and less than a 10 minute drive to all my local destinations. I looked for an affordable, quiet, comfortable place and I found it. I come to Santa Barbara annually to visit family & friends and I highly recommend Spring or Fall to visit. This year I had to come in July which is part of the busy summer and inevitable warmer (hot) weather. Summer always get warm/hot and the traffic gets crazy. But even in the summer (no air conditioning) this place was always comfortable thanks to Chris's thoughtfulness to supply fans. I found my surroundings clean and comfortable so I was happy. And the foliage surrounding the room was lovely. The dogs are friendly and they were well behaved so they were fun to see coming and going. Chris made me feel welcome and she was always available if I had a question or needed something. I can highly recommend this place for anyone with a car and a GPS of course.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Quiet location
Liked least: Small room, which I knew before hand.
Travelling group: Solo
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
bigbluepr...
Prescott, Arizona
“The best thing is the triple sheeting and good quality sheets”
Reviewed 9 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

This place had more rules than summer camp. My husband and I spent 4 nights there and because it was over a holiday it cost 160.00 per night. I can understand that in Santa Barbara prices are higher than say Ventura. What was the biggest surprise is that for the four nights we were given 2 bath towels, two washcloths and one hand towel. The owner was gone and when I call to see where the extra towels were she suggested I hadn't traveled and had rentals before. I probably rent this type of accommodation 4-5 times a year and have done so in Europe, Canada and Mexico over the past 10 years. When I asked about turning down the heat she said there isn't any and the room was stuffy(she suggested we sleep with the screen door open) because my daughter hadn't come to open it up before we arrived. Really, my daughter is on payroll here? She came the night before because it's in a tricky location and she wanted to guide us there. The owner didn't want us to wear shoes inside and that's understandable because she has a very old off white carpet and no lawn to speak of just a yard the dogs play in. The carpet was spotted and the room had an odor. The also need an exterminator since there were spiders in the room. I also think she's doing her own cleaning and should hire someone who knows how to clean. The property is large and has some nice plantings but there are broken solar lights all over. Toss them and get some that work it's difficult to navigate the divots in the yard at night.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: triple sheeting
Liked least: no towels and all the rules, two copies were left in the room
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
People with pets
Management Response
11 Jul 2016
Thank you for your review - I invite everyone who stays at my home to offer helpful and constructive feedback on how I can make their stay an enjoyable one. However, I feel like I must respond to these comments.

"This place had more rules than summer camp" : I only have two simple and reasonable rules: 1) No smoking and 2) Please remove outdoor shoes while inside.

"My husband and I spent 4 nights there and because it was over a holiday it cost 160.00 per night." : This guest actually paid $131.15 per night. According to the invoice, she paid $430 for 4 nights over the July 4th holiday, $51.50 tax, booking fee of $43 = $524.60 for 4 nights. This is $131.15 per night.

"What was the biggest surprise is that for the four nights we were given 2 bath towels, two washcloths and one hand towel." - California is in a massive drought, and Santa Barbara is under a stage III water shortage. In fact, there are linen washing restrictions in all hotels and motels, that includes the most luxury hotels in Santa Barbara. In spite of this, I feel like the supplies I provided were adequate. I provide two Charisma Luxury bath towels rather than cheap thin white towels, two washcloths and one hand towel for a four night stay. I provide four bath towels, four washcloths and two hand towels for a longer stay. I am fortunate that guests understand our drought situation and do not demand a new towel for each day.

"When I asked about turning down the heat she said there isn't any and the room was stuffy(she suggested we sleep with the screen door open) because my daughter hadn't come to open it up before we arrived. Really, my daughter is on payroll here?" - I did not expect Judy's daughter to carry out my responsibilities. I offered to leave the patio door open myself so that fresh air can come through the screen, but her daughter offered to come earlier to open the patio door herself. I would have opened it myself otherwise, because I find it nice to have cool fresh air. All my guests love the screen door because they can control how much air to let in. If they choose to sleep with the door close, the room will get stuffy.

"No lawn to speak of just a yard the dogs play in" - Again, California is in a severe drought, and we are restricted by the county to only water the twice twice a week. As a responsible citizen, I follow those guidelines and am proud to conserve water while maintaining the landscape as best I can on such a large property.

Hopefully I have been able to address all of this guest's concerns. I do my best to ensure that everyone has a pleasant stay in my home and am incredibly invested in this endeavor. FOr more information on the California drought and how you can do your part to conserve our environment, please consider visiting http://www.drought.ca.gov
Shirley66...
Riverside, California
“it was nicer than I expected it would be”
Reviewed 7 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

we had our own private entrance to a downstairs bedroom with no adjoining walls to other units. Has an amazing view and a patio with a little bistro set for morning coffee. There are two dogs on the property, so if you don't like dogs you might want to take it into consideration. The older one would sit at our feet in the morning while we took in the view and had our coffee. The younger one is more active. Bed is very firm, nice bed linens, had a coffee maker and small refridgerator. Clean and well manicured property. Chris/owner was very nice and offered ideas for dining and activities.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the location is in the foothills, short drive to town. Very quiet and serene. I felt like I was living there.
Liked least: Bed a little too firm for me, but my husband loved it.
Your age range 50-64
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing