“Great Fish Meal on the Pier”

The Fisherman's Restaurant and Bar
Reserve a table
Sat, 23/01
20:00
Ranked #6 of 225 Restaurants in San Clemente
Price range: US$5 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fresh Fish Everyday! Every day, we offer the freshest seafood available. Swing by and feast on our Fresh Fish!
Reviewed 8 June 2019

Here on a day trip out of San Diego, we were looking for a good fish lunch. This place came highly rated. I ordered the cod and chips with coleslaw. The fries were wedge style and should have been fabulous, but it seems I may have got some that were not fresh. When the waitress asked how my meal was, I mentioned this and she quickly replaced them with fresh wedges that were indeed much better. My wife had a piece of grilled halibut on a salad and pronounced it fabulous. Overall a good experience in a beautiful location.

1  Thank 17KAG
Write a reviewReviews (1,524)

Reviewed 7 June 2019 via mobile

Went here for breakfast. Nice choice of Bloody Mary’s, California omelette was terrific and the view of the ocean was great. The highlight of our visit was our server Andrew. He was attentive, pleasant and properly waited on us. Thanks!

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank F7763VNjamesd
Reviewed 7 June 2019

We were on the coast to attend the Dick Dale memorial/benefit concert at The Coach House in San Juan Capistrano. With my birthday rapidly approaching, my wife wanted to treat me to a birthday dinner of my choice. Living in the desert, I don't often get to just see and hear the ocean, so I picked Fisherman's. I figured, even if the fish was just OK, it would be a treat to dine by the sea.
Well, it turned out to be more of a treat than I had anticipated. Yes, the location is stunning, and we were seated outside on the deck with a nice view of the beach and ocean. The staff, from the hostesses to our waiter, were exemplary. We were well taken care of - something that stands in stark contrast to far too many restaurants we have dined at in our lives.
They have an extensive and mostly regionally sourced menu, and virtually all of the food we ordered was excellent. I had recently botched a nice Mexican scallop dinner by cooking them approximately 8 seconds too long, turning them into extremely chewy hocky pucks. My wife, still suffering PTSD from my scallop dinner, gave their scallops a try, and was utterly delighted by their tenderness and taste (both of which were perfect - I checked).
My halibut was moist and delicious, the clam chowder was tasty (but not the absolute best I've ever had - that honor lies up the Oregon coast) - everything was excellent. Even the veggies and red potatoes, which are often an afterthought at many restaurants, were great.
All in all, the worst part of our dinner at Fisherman's was the parking situation, which is no bueno, and unnerving at times. We parked in a public pay lot where spaces were tiny and at a premium, so we watched nervously as an enormous Mercedes attempted to squeeze into a Smart Car-sized space next to us. The driver eventually gave up, luckily before scraping down the side of our car.
We will gladly brave the parking situation, however, to return for our sea and seafood fix at Fisherman's, the next time we wander down to San Clemente.

1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 7 June 2019 via mobile

Amazing seafood is served during lunch with hospitable service. Me and my family were attended to and served quickly with delicious appetizers and meals. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank Naomi W
Reviewed 6 June 2019

Hubby and I were visiting San Clemente and this restaurant was right across the street from the hotel. We had drinks and ate in the bar area. The service was excellent as were the drinks and appetizers. It is located on the pier so the views were incredible. Prices were very reasonable. We will definitely return!

1  Thank lsstucson