All reviews the holiday inn ocean view within walking distance restaurants and shops location is great del mar a great stay closer to the beach third floor few blocks king suite would highly recommend this hotel jacuzzi tub an older hotel mini fridge free breakfast breakfast room
Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

I stayed here a week while attending a training session. I had trouble with my credit card at check in. The staff was very patient and accommodating while I worked it out. The rooms are clean and well maintained. Its walking distance to restaurants, and shopping and nightlife. Its a 15 minute walk to the pier and beach. I will be returning for a family trip someday and we will happily stay here again!

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2015

I recently stayed here, and I loved it. It was a beautiful hotel and the employees there were great. One employee in particular that made my stay here so great was Mitch, he did an amazing job and making my stay wonderful. Thank you!

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Cody W
Troy M, Manager at The Volare, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2015

Cody W,
Thank you for kind words about our hotel and our staff. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 September 2015 via mobile

I was apprehensive about the location at first since it was near the freeway; however, we discovered the property to be quiet. The five stars are for how pleasantly surprised we were with the comfort and cleanliness of the hotel in general and the very friendly clerk, Mitch, who directed us to a great local restaurant nearby named La Siesta. We recommend this hotel and the quaint town of San Clemente to others.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Locarte

Locarte,

Reviewed 4 September 2015

Upon arriving, my family and I were extremely fatigued and in dire need of a nap when we arrived in California. We were greeted kindly and asked if we needed anything else before we walked up into our room. We noticed our room was a bit noisy due to our neighbors on the floor above us. The hotel immediately took the situation into their own hands and moved us into a new room and took care of the noisy guests. We were able to get a great nights rest and the trip was awesome because of it! Love this hotel. I would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kylie A
Reviewed 31 August 2015

I really enjoyed my stay here and it was thanks to the staff. Laura, who checked me in, was very sweet. Then, i had breakfast and met Iraj who was also very Nice and helpful! I don't go to San Clemente much, but when i do i'll know where to stay.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Troy M, Manager at The Volare, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2015

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that Laura and Iraj were helpful. Our customer service something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.