“Great Food, Great Atmosphere”
Review of Mu

Mu
Ranked #13 of 251 Restaurants in Redlands
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2018

If you love quality Thai food you will love Mu. The food is fresh and good. I especially like the Tom Ka soup. It is spicy, and hearty and could be a meal on it's own without being to heavy. But, my absolute favorite thing on the menu is the dessert. The Mango Sticky Rice. Sounds odd, I know, but if you like desserts that aren't heaped in chocolate and sugar, and like desserts made with fresh fruit, you will like this one. It comes with four mounds of sticky rice, two white,and 2 dark, they are covered in fresh fruit, and drizzled with coconut syrup. I have made a meal of this alone as it is light and refreshing without feeling sinful!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

So I am visiting from out if town, and everyone I met with raved about this place, so I decided to come check it out!
I ordered a dirty martini with extra olives and the Tom Ka soup with Tufo - I got 2 very old olives very small, and martini tasted like just olive juice with a drop of vodka! The Tom Ka came with chicken, I asked for Tufo, so he took it back, removed the chicken added the tufo and brought it back with the same temperature! Maybe it was the end of the night, but that's all it took for me to not eat, left it paid and walked out! I know this is the subberb, but you need to be more attentive than this!

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

This is a great place for any event. The food is wonderful and delicious. The atmosphere is wonderful.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Came here with a group of business associates and had a good time but it was a bit odd. The service was strange. Very slow at first with half the table getting water then a good five to ten minute break before the rest of us did. Then when our server started taking our order he took two people’s order and then suddenly walked off mid-order to take the order at another table before returning to finish ours, most puzzling.

I ordered the beef sirloin noodle soup and the lettuce cups. The soup was delicious and the broth reminded me of a very good pho. The lettuce cups were next and heavily loaded with carrot and the sauce was sweet, almost annoyingly so, I couldn’t finish them.

I’d try them again, perhaps alone or in a small group and I’d try a regular entree to see if the experience didn’t improve, if not I wouldn’t give it another try.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Mu and its "Martini Bar" have been at the present location on West State Street for many years, and the food and service have been consistently excellent during all of that time. The restaurant is "Thai Fusion" (Thai with a Japanese influence). You can get all of the traditional meat, fish and vegetarian Thai dishes here, some of them quite spicy, but a specialization is also fresh seafood. The seafood board changes every week, depending on what has come in, and there are both cooked offerings and sashimi. Dinner ranges in price from very reasonable to pricey, and there is a very reasonable lunch menu. Owner Daranee Muongpruan (from Bangkok) is always willing to put together something special if the restaurant is not too busy. There is both indoor and patio seating, and across the patio is Mu's very popular full-service "Martini Bar," a great hangout for both the young crowd and those of us who are a little bit older. There is also accommodation upstairs for groups. I have been coming here for two decades and have never been disappointed. It's a Redlands treasure.