“If I wanted Burnt Coffee, would have gone to Starbucks”
Review of Totem Coffee

Totem Coffee
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Wife was not happy that I brought this coffee to our room at Cary Hotel while she was getting ready. The free coffee at Cary Hotel for guest was better than this but I thought maybe these guys here at Totem will offer something tasty for my wife. I was wrong. Place seemed very "hipster", there was record turntable and some various jazz records.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Had morning coffee with great conversation with staffers. Fun and intimate little coffee shop downtown Placerville. You have to hunt for it, next to historic hotel, but worth the chase. Indoor and outdoor seating; limited menu with lots of tofu and organic stuff but also fun food for others and kids. Great hideaway for a half hour's worth of morning sojourn before doing anything serious.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

My wife and I are bona fide "COFFEE JUNKIES/SNOBS" Totem is our goto place in Placerville, Awesome service, Food & Coffee await the un enlightened..

Reviewed 31 March 2017

The best coffee house with organic foods, fresh ingredients and a wonderful courtyard with a fountain to relax and enjoy. My favorite is the lavendar latte! They are also very accommodating when trying to fill your order as you like it. Super place to have lunch, breakfast or brunch

Reviewed 25 August 2016

They are located in this very cute little courtyard right outside the back enterence of the Cary House, I only found it because I was grabbing a "free" coffee in the back room. They had the most amazing avacodo toast with bacon and a egg (I think it was called Americano) way so good. There coffee was very good and they even had organic 1/2&1/2 at no extra charge. They had really cool sugar cubes, all different flavors, that looked handmade.