“Amazing”
Review of Smith Flat House

Smith Flat House
Reserve with OpenTable
Smith Flat House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 133 Restaurants in Placerville
Price range: US$10 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2018

Our waiter Chad was awesome. He listened and knew our status before we had to ask. The hostess Molly was very helpful.
The food was amazing and we will always try and eat there when in the area. We were headed home after a Tahoe trip and wanted and upscale meal. Lots of local grown produce and even meat on the menu. The ambiance of the cellar dinning was super. The staff worked as a team and it showed. Love this place....

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

So much history here! Great food, service and live music! Definitely a favorite on our trip! We'll be back!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

The venue alone is worth a visit--both inside and out, the ambiance of the gold rush era Smith Flat House is great. Overall, the food is delicious. The scallop and pork belly appetizer was amazing. Service is excellent. Prices are on the high side, but this is a nice restaurant for a special occasion.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

First time visit to Smith Flat House was a nice diversion from the standard business dinner venue. Built on the site of a CA gold rush mine, it mixes history with local wines and good food. The service is quite good and the ambiance is remarkable.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

I haven't heard of this place before, and I would probably not know about it if not our neighbors' recommendations.

The interior surprised us with the quaint charm of the past gold town era. My husband enjoyed his Lamb Shank $36 very much (the dish was the main purpose of our visit). I liked my Bouillabaisse $33 even though the seasoning was not typically European. But the best course of the evening was the starter - Scallops & Pork Belly $17! They were beautifully seared and went well with perfectly candied crispy pork belly which, surprisingly, did not overpower the scallops at all.

We liked that they had a good selection of the local wines and beers on the menu.

If I had to nitpick at something, I'd say the service was rather clumsy. Kind of harsh. Very incompatible with the rest (the food and the ambiance) of the experience but this won't discourage us from returning.

I do recommend this place.

On my scale (1-5)