“Very diverse”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Great food and service. Large amounts each dish. Atmosphere was combination classic and modern. Good view of Main street

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Reservations are advised for this wonderful modern-flair Mexican restaurant. The service was excellent -- almost too fast in one case -- but the food was superb. It's rare when you visit a tourist town and are pleasantly surprised. Their chips are served with three kinds of dips, which are quite good. Soft drinks are 4 bucks, so be prepared, but they have plenty of refills. If we lived nearby, this would be one of our favorite places.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Quality food for a small town. Large portions, took half of dinner back to my room and had it the next day. Costly but worth it.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Friday evening dinner here was very pleasant. The restaurant was busy, but not overly noisy. Our dinners were delicious--very well balanced and a substantial amount of food. The fresh salsa is excellent, and there's a nice variety of vegetarian food. The service is prompt, attentive, and friendly. The restaurant is conveniently located on Main Street, with street parking and nearby parking garage, so easy in and out. We dined here a few years ago, and happily can say we shall return.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

The wife and I took a jaunt up to the Placerville area on Cinco De Mayo to look at some open homes. Knowing we were going to be finishing up our home tours in the late afternoon we decided to have an early dinner in town before heading back to the Bay Area. Cinco de Mayo=MEXICAN FOOD so we booked a table at Cascada. We arrived around 5PM before the crowds starting coming in and were seated immediately. Chips and salsa were brought to the table seconds after our butts landed on our seats. Three different dips for the chips, all delicious, one too hot for my palate. We both ordered margaritas, which were on special as a nod to Cinco De Mayo. Great drinks on the rocks with a rim of salt. My wife ordered the Chicken Fajitas and I the Chile Verde. I consider myself a "Conny Sewer", never could spell that word, of Chile Verde and let me tell you the Cascada version is the best I've had. The pork was so tender and the verde sauce bursting with flavor. Served with black bean and rice. I stuffed it all into corn tortillas and was in Verde heaven. All I can say about my wife's fajitas, as she didn't allow me a bite, is that she cleaned her plate, which she never does. Guess you might guess they were pretty darn good? My phone rang a couple of minutes into our meal and looking at the incoming number saw it was a local call (Placerville). Thinking it was one of the realtors we had met earlier I took the call and found I was speaking to the hostess at the restaurant. They were calling to see if we were coming in for our reservation as I failed to mention we had reservations when we came in. They didn't want to give our table away if we were coming in and didn't know we were already there. Service is stellar. If you're in the area and love good Mexican food you've got to give them a try. Ole'