“If you're thinking of fishing the Truckee, call Matt!”

Matt Heron Fly Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Matt Heron Fly Fishing is an all inclusive fly fishing school and outfitter in North Lake Tahoe, CA. Our school is widely regarded as one of the best in the country, offering daily classes on our private stocked ponds, spring through fall. Our year round outfitter is based out of Truckee CA, and provides trips on the Truckee River, Little Truckee River and Sawmill Lake. We also have access to many other creeks and lakes, as well as private water options. During the winter, we host trips to some of the worlds finest saltwater destinations and lodges. Next time you're in Tahoe, let our talented team of experienced guides and instructors show you an amazing experience on the water!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Spent a wonderful afternoon fishing with Matt on the Truckee River! If you're looking for a conscientious, hardworking, fun guide, Matt's the guide you need. I had a terrific afternoon, hooked up with some beautiful trout, and learned quite a bit from Matt. The Truckee is a beautiful river in a fabulous area and well worth the trip. I'm an intermediate fly fisher, but Matt seems comfortable working with any skill level. I've fished with a guide less than a handful of times, but if I fish with a guide again, I hope it's as enjoyable and productive as my afternoon on the Truckee.

Matt H, Owner at Matt Heron Fly Fishing, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

It was a pleasure to get you out this past week and thank you for the great review!

Congrats on your first tight line fish at dark and I'll keep you in the loop if I ever make it over the pond.

Thanks again.

in 8 reviews
"rainbow"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I'm an avid angler who loves to fly fish. I've experienced many guides over the years and value the relationship and wisdom of each one. Matt Heron is definitely one of those top level guides that I look forward to getting to know. Its clear what his passion is, and it is not just the fishing! Not only is he the top Truckee guide in my opinion, he is a lot of fun to get to know. My friends and I recently fished with him and this guy not only showed his excellent guide ability, he demonstrated his work ethic in exposing us to the area and getting us on the spots... Consider hiring Matt and his team next time you want to give this a try. Whether your an experienced angler or beginner, you are going to have fun and learn a bunch... I have no doubt you will get hooked on fish AND this wonderful outdoor activity!

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Matt took my 9 yr son out on the Truckee on a warm February day and we crushed it! He was very professional and polite, especially with my son. I would definitely recommend.

Matt H, Owner at Matt Heron Fly Fishing, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Matt,

It was a pleasure to get you guys on the river last month. I'd love to make it happen next time you're in town. Your little guy is quite the future fly fisher.

Keep in touch and thanks for the post!

Reviewed 17 February 2018

We had a great time with Matt. One of the guys in the group was a newbie and Matt taught him nymphing 101 in the first 20 minutes. Five minutes later he had a fish on and in the net. Even though the weather was cold and blustery, Matt put us on the fish and we had a blast. Both the Truckee and Little Truckee were a great time! Can't wait to fish with Matt again.

Luke,

I appreciate you taking the time to post last month, thank you so much.

My guys and I had a blast with your group and please keep in touch next time you're making the drive through 80.

I wish you continued success with your business.

Talk to you soon.