All reviews rooftop pool an ocean view room fish house valet staff valet parking is white noise generator per day top gun train station sliding door waffles small balcony free breakfast ocean front pool towels sitting area movie theater
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very helpful and the room was clean. Some noise from the train but it didn't bother me. The view of the ocean from the top pool area was breathtaking at sunset. The fireplace on the second floor terrace was cozy too.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

I just checked in to this hotel and my room was ready way earlier than expected. The room was clean, the staff was super friendly and the pool is amazing. I haven't slept yet so not sure how the train will make me feel tonight but so far so good.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Stormi P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Oceanside/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

jayhawkfan2015- wow! We are excited to hear that your stay is off to such a great start we believe first impression are ever lasting and I am glad we were able to impress. Here is to hoping the remainder of your stay is just as great as the start. Put in those ear plugs we provide and you won't hear a thing! ;) Enjoy O'side!

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Seriously was excited to be staying in Oceanside in the beach so close to my favorite hang outs from when I was in the Marines but the experience with this hotel was terrible and turned me off completely to the brand.
I told the clerk I needed 2 beds and I preferred ocean front for the view she said they did not have ocean front except a room with a rolling shower. A rolling shower? In a brand newish hotel??? Anyway she said she had a corner room that was part view I said okay and took the room then the informs me of my parking options and there is a fee or meter. Parking fees in Oceanside is not cool it's not like it's LA but ok I wanted to stay here.
We unloaded our car gave the valet the keys and made our way to our room. Opened the door and there was one lonely bed. Well there are 4 of us and this wound not work so I go down stairs to get a different room and apparently they only had street front double rooms but she tells me there is a pull out in the couch. Not what I asked for so I tell her I am no longer interested and leave and she tells me I have not been charged.
Staff should be more transparent I feel like if she had told me up front I would not be so irritated about the room or the parking. No intentions of staying with this brand anymore

Trip type: Travelled with family
Stormi P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Oceanside/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

k9chief- thank you for your candid review of your check in experience at the property. I can assure you the instances you have outlined are certainly not typical nor indicative of the level of service we offer. I am sincerely sorry that we were not only not able to offer you the room type you desired but also failed to properly communicate this at the time of check in. While it is unusual for a Springhill Suites to charge for parking due to the location and design of the parking garage we only provide valet. We do our best to ensure this is prominently stated on both the website and all email confirmations to ensure there are no surprises at check in. Again, I want to sincerely apologize for your experience. Please know we have addressed your feedback with our team to ensure it does not occur again. We would love the opportunity to showcase to you an experience truly reflective of the service we are known for providing.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

The rooms had very stylish decor and ocean-facing ones provide a nice view of the beach and pier. Noise from trains never bothered us. My request for a room on a high level was not honored, even though I'm a gold member who made the reservation months in advance. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was as expected -- good selection, but nothing was especially tasty. Overall, the hotel didn't seem to provide a good value; the nightly cost was too expensive given that the only "extras" were lollipops at checkout. Blankets at the pool area, a complimentary bottle of water in the room, or beach toys to borrow would have made the experience feel more like a vacation. (Also, since parking is $25+ per night and this hotel is next to the train station, if you don't need a car, opt for public transportation!)

Trip type: Travelled with family

skgronholz- thank you for taking the time to share your review of the hotel. We appreciate the feedback regarding the little extras we could have provided in order to ensure you had an excellent experience and will be looking into these options for our future guests. We look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 1 April 2017

The SpringHill Suites San Diego Oceanside / Downtown is a very good hotel located a block from the Oceanside Beach and Pier. It is close to shopping and many great restaurants, cafes and bakeries. It is only a block from the evening Oceanside Sunset Market (including farmers market and food stalls) and about 3 blocks from the daytime farmers market (6-8 minute walk). The hotel is clean and well maintained with very friendly, efficient and helpful staff. The staff respond very quickly to any requests that we made by phone or in person. The roof top pool deck has a beautiful view of Oceanside Beach and the Pier. For movie fans of the classic Top Gun movie, the beach house for Kelly McGillis' character is located across the street from the hotel. Even the rooms that are listed with partial views of the beach have very nice views of Oceanside Beach especially from their balconies but not all of them will provide views of the beach around the Oceanside Pier. The hotel provides chairs and a small table on the room balconies for relaxing and enjoying the views. The hotel backs onto railway tracks so the noise from the trains especially their loud and repetitive whistles throughout the night may disturb the sleep of guests especially those who do not wish to use the foam ear plugs provided by the hotel. The security for guests at this hotel is better than other Oceanside Hotels we stayed at during the past few months. Room key cards must be used to activate the elevators to access the upper floors where the rooms, the pool deck, the beach viewing deck and the fitness center are located. The in-room safe was very handy as many hotels only provide them at the front counter. The free wifi internet connections were fairly fast with strong signal strengths in our room as well as all the areas we visited around the hotel. The hotel is minutes from the I5 so it's very convenient central location for heading south to enjoy Legoland, La Jolla and San Diego and for heading north to enjoy other beaches and tourist attractions.

Room tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the railway tracks
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Vancouver_Native9 thank you for the awesome review. One of our primary goals is to make sure our guests get to experience the local aspect of O'side and it sounds like you did! Although the train noise can sometimes be bothersome please know that by the end of 2017 we will officially be in a "quiet zone" which will eliminate the whistling of the nearby trains. We look forward to hosting your stay again!