2,091 results
All reviews full kitchen time share crystal cove newport coast timeshare presentation marriott vacation club basketball court ocean view second bedroom putting green main pool activity center living room marriott owners ping pong top floor washer dryer
Reviewed 15 November 2015

We enjoyed our stay at the Newport Coast Villas. We stayed for 7 nights and enjoyed the pools, hot tubs, landscaping, and friendly service.
Great experience for five reasons:
1. Clean and well maintained property
2. Excellent service
3. Easy Parking
4. Large rooms/villas
5. Lovely pools and hot tubs

After we checked out, I realized I had left valuables (including cash) in the safe which were mailed quickly to me fully intact. The lost and found folks were helpful once I was able to get through to them. When calling the phone number to the resort, the front end staff screen the calls and I found that frustrating because of the time spent answering a series of initial questions. We also left a jacket in the room which lost and found confirmed they had and said they were mailing it with the valuables but never received the jacket. I called Patrick and left him a message thanking him for the return of the valuables, but that we didn't receive the jacket, he didn't call me back nor did I get the jacket in the mail as promised.

Issue: We were moved from our villa to another villa due to a scheduled visit from maintainance. It was a hassle since we had unpacked and were settled in. The resort accomodated us to the best of their ability, by delivering our luggage to the new room and showing us rooms that were available so we could select one that met our desires, but it was still a hassle and time consuming - less time to just "vacation"

Decor: We personally prefer the 'traditional" decor of the resort. It is an Italian feel but they are remodeling to a modern style and it doesn't mix well. Our second villa was the modern style and we simply did not like it. It feels cheap with bright colors (not relaxing) and odd furniture. The mattresses on the bed seemed firmer than the traditional style rooms, could be because they are newer, I don't know, just not as comfy. The lighting in the modern style room is gonna give anyone a headache and is made to feel like an office environment and/or doc's office. Too bright and shadowy. The modern style rooms do not speak "relaxation" except for the light colored curtains, they were pretty.

Easy check in and check out with nice staff. The front desk staff are responsive. Housekeeping is good but had to call to have them clean the room on one ocassion.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank CrowdedCorner
MarriottVacationClub, Corporate Customer Care at Marriott's Newport Coast Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2015

Thank you for the five-star TripAdvisor feedback on Marriott's Newport Coast Villas! It is wonderful to realize you had a great experience because of the well-kept facilities, the top-notch service from associates, convenient parking, spacious villa and the amenities such as the pools. We hope to have the privilege of hosting your family on future getaways to Newport Beach!

Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

We stayed for 6 nights in October with our 2 children aged 2 and 5. We stayed in a newly refurbished villa which was a great size and in great condition, we did not have an ocean view but you must accept in advance this is normal for non MVC owners. This was the first time we stayed in Newport Beach as we normally stay in Santa Monica but I have to say it was a great location.

The villas are well equipped for a stay with young children, and have all essentials in the kitchen. We tended to cook for our children in the villa to that was good.

The pools are great, we tended to use the one by blg 1100 as it was much quieter and had a pool for young children. Our kids also loved the children's activity centre.

We found the grounds to be very clean.

The only negative I would have is the sound proofing, we could hear a lot of movement in the villa above us throughout the day and night, but I had read this in previous reviews so did expect it.

Overall great hotel for a family vacation, but do not expect an ocean view.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family

Hi Karen! Thank you for the five-star review of Marriott's Newport Coast Villas. It is terrific to read you found the resort ideal for a family vacation as evidenced by the modern yet well-appointed villa and amenities like the pools among other highlights. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting everyone on future getaways to Newport Beach, CA!

Reviewed 12 November 2015

This was the third time to stay at this property. It is always an enjoyable visit. Was the first time to utilize the free shuttle down to the beach. My villa in the 4300 building was starting to show some wear but realize all units can't be magically updated at once. The grounds of the property are impeccable. Always see people working outside.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank ranger937
MarriottVacationClub, Corporate Customer Care at Marriott's Newport Coast Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2015

Thank you for the five-star TripAdvisor comments on Marriott's Newport Coast Villas! It is thrilling to discover your visits consistently delight because of the well-manicured grounds. We look forward to continuing to host you for many more years to come!

Reviewed 12 November 2015

We have stayed at several Marriott Resort properties, but the Newport Coastal Villas with its rolling landscapes, lush plantings and hillside location looking over the Pacific, you will certainly feel like you are in an Italian hill town in Tuscany. The villa we stayed in was a 2 bedroom with ocean view and we could not have been more pleased ...this unit was also one that had been recently redecorated. The sunsets viewed from the main clubhouse area are fantastic. Staff could not have been more accommodating and professional. While not owners at this property, we would be very likely to re-book and revisit it again.

Room Tip: some of the best ocean views are located in villas farthest away from the main clubhouse ...and corner villas tend to be a little larger
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank NEB44

Thank you for the five-star TripAdvisor feedback on Marriott's Newport Coast Villas! It is fabulous to read you found your stay on-par with the Marriott Vacation Club experience mentioning the overall villa and above & beyond service from associates as standout aspects of your vacation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming your family back again!

Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

Well I can understand about maintenance fees but not everything shutting down on the grounds at 6-7pm. (Ooh. You can get pizza a little later than that.) There are wonderful restaurants nearby which now requires a rental car, taxi or uber; uber definitely being the better choice. Expect a lot of driving.
The grounds are beautiful but there is minimum to do: a few pool tables, a few grills, a few pools. The activity director does her best to bring activities to adults. Tonight I attended a painting class which was fun and they had a pasta making class right after that I chose not to go to. Sea glass necklaces tomorrow morning and one poker slot, one black jack slot, one bingo slot, all at a cost if you like that kind of stuff. Zumba, yoga, water aerobics and things for kids to do. (My kids are grown so I did not care about those things as I once did. I care about what is available for an adult group.) Again most activities offered were off grounds to include tour opportunities, bike riding, paddle boards, hiking and kayaking. I guess it is not a bad place to stay. When you are spoiled by The Islands, where I am treated very well, I hold my impressions of places I visit to a higher standard.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for your review! We are glad to find your visit met expectations because of the well-manicured grounds and daily activities. We look forward to hosting everyone again at Marriott's Newport Coast Villas!