All reviews yogurt hard boiled eggs waffle maker beds were comfortable king bed iron bedding tile microwave
Reviewed 24 April 2018

I am a 10 year Choice Hotels Customer.
I had a reservation for 3/14/18 and got to Monrovia @ ~ 2:00 PM. I decided to cancel and keep on driving toward home, since it was so early. The hotel's website was not working so the women on the phone said she would email me my cancellation. I then drove to Blythe, CA and checked into another Quality Inn @ ~ 5:15 PM. When I checked my email there was no confirmation, so I called the hotel and a different women told me that since it was past 5:00 PM, I would be billed for this room as a no-show. No amount of discussion with this hotel or the corporate office would correct this problem. I got screwed out of a nights charges for their mistake, by a greedy manager! This is not only outrageous behavior but borderline criminal. NEVER stay with this crooked establishment.

Room Tip: No idea, since I cancelled my reservation and didn't stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2018

What a nice hotel. Even with the construction going on our room was super quiet and so very clean! Yes it is an older hotel, but the service and cleanliness was FANTASTIC! My daughter and I felt and were very safe. Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor room for quietness.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2018

The gentleman checking us in(night), the woman behind the desk (day) were both polite and helpful. The continental breakfast is cold cereal, toast, hard boiled eggs, yogurt. The juice was very good, as was the coffee. The room was very large. No carpets - vinyl flooring. Bed was comfortable. Room had tv, microwave, mini-refrig. We had a tub/shower. Our cousin was on first floor, had a jetted tub and a stall shower. The sink/counter/bath door were awkward. Also there were ants, but not enough to be a problem. Basic motel room. The a/c worked well, though noisy. Plenty of parking.

Room Tip: No elevator, if mobility issues ask for 1st floor
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
MANOJ P, General Manager at Quality Inn Near City of Hope, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Thank you for the opportunity of serving you during your recent trip to the San Gabriel Valley. As part of our renovation, we have installed luxury vinyl flooring in some of our rooms instead of carpeting. All the rooms are appointed with amenities that enhance your experience. Please accept our humblest apology in having ants in your room. We thank you for sharing that, and appropriate measures have been taken so this does not repeat for other guests.
We look forward to serving you again.

Manoj Patel, GM, CHO, CHA
The Quality Inn near City of Hope
PH: 626.358.0430

Reviewed 6 December 2017

We went back to this hotel for Thanksgiving this year, and found the rooms had been nicely updated with lots of granite. But the best part is the staff who are all very amicable and accommodating when we needed a late checkout or were late for breakfast. The location is great - with 3 shopping centers and numerous restaurants within a short walk. It was very quiet, except when the maids would push their carts upstairs. We intend to go back next year, too....

Room Tip: With a ground level room, you can park right outside the door.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Manoj P, General Manager at Quality Inn Near City of Hope, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity of serving you, again. Repeat guests are a great indicator of us doing something right. I look forward to sharing your input with my staff. Yes, we have done a lot of things do the rooms to enhance the guest experience. We are still undergoing our renovation, which to date has included, our new Directv cabling. While you may not have noticed the new cabling, we certainly hope you got a chance to enjoy the 110+ Directv HD channels on the 40" LED flatscreen TV's. We have also updated all the lighting inside the rooms and exterior property with LED high efficiency lighting, along with the brand new doors, frames and RFID locks. But we are not done, we also have new furnishings including new pillowtop mattress made exclusively by Serta, and have just received the approval from City's Design Review Committee our plans for the exterior. The new plans include an addition of a new dedicated breakfast area. This will also give the opportunity to redefine the lobby/front desk area, all to further enhance the guest experience.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I absolutely loved it!..I rented the most beautiful room ever, clean, iron n board,coffee pot inside,swimming pool,excellent breakfast, activia,eggs,waffles,cereals, juices x2 kinds,milk, donuts, pastries, coffee, hot cereal,toast,bagels,yummy great service restraunts of variety in walking distance,very very clean a n excellent

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family