All reviews yogurt hard boiled eggs waffle maker beds were comfortable complimentary breakfast king bed iron bedding tile microwave
Reviewed 6 December 2017

We went back to this hotel for Thanksgiving this year, and found the rooms had been nicely updated with lots of granite. But the best part is the staff who are all very amicable and accommodating when we needed a late checkout or were late for breakfast. The location is great - with 3 shopping centers and numerous restaurants within a short walk. It was very quiet, except when the maids would push their carts upstairs. We intend to go back next year, too....

Room tip: With a ground level room, you can park right outside the door.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Manoj P, General Manager at Quality Inn Near City of Hope, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity of serving you, again. Repeat guests are a great indicator of us doing something right. I look forward to sharing your input with my staff. Yes, we have done a lot of things do the rooms to enhance the guest experience. We are still undergoing our renovation, which to date has included, our new Directv cabling. While you may not have noticed the new cabling, we certainly hope you got a chance to enjoy the 110+ Directv HD channels on the 40" LED flatscreen TV's. We have also updated all the lighting inside the rooms and exterior property with LED high efficiency lighting, along with the brand new doors, frames and RFID locks. But we are not done, we also have new furnishings including new pillowtop mattress made exclusively by Serta, and have just received the approval from City's Design Review Committee our plans for the exterior. The new plans include an addition of a new dedicated breakfast area. This will also give the opportunity to redefine the lobby/front desk area, all to further enhance the guest experience.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I absolutely loved it!..I rented the most beautiful room ever, clean, iron n board,coffee pot inside,swimming pool,excellent breakfast, activia,eggs,waffles,cereals, juices x2 kinds,milk, donuts, pastries, coffee, hot cereal,toast,bagels,yummy great service restraunts of variety in walking distance,very very clean a n excellent

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Our family recently booked two rooms at this hotel. Upon arriving, I looked at the building's exterior and overall appearance of the hotel. I thought I made a real mistake booking this hotel. The exterior is in serious need of repair and upgrades. It is dated, exterior walls are cracked and the whole place needs to be painted. The outdoor pool is very small and didn't look very inviting. To tell the truth, had I not made reservations prior to seeing the hotel, I probably would not have stayed there. Now, for the positive side. The rooms have been renovated and are spacious, clean and comfortable. The rooms are totally opposite from the exterior appearance. Both single king bed room and two queen bed rooms were very nice. Also, the person at the front desk was friendly and courteous. Breakfast was very mediocre and breakfast area is part of the office/lobby - very small with only 3 tables. This is an OK hotel for a night or two, but it is certainly not in line with other Choice Hotel brands or even other Quality Inns. I can only emphasize the importance of improving the overall appearance of the hotel.

Room tip: No elevators to second floor, so 1st floor is better if you can't climb stairs.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Don't be fooled by the nice photo, this motel is seriously overpriced. The good thing: very powerful suction on the toilets and a card reading lock. Somebody had spent money on the bath tiling but none on the curtains or the shower head that emitted water out of the side of the curtain. The room had a damp feel to it. Breakfast was a token effort the proprietors hadn't even bothered to check if there was sugar for coffee, just a bowl of sweetener, the waffle mix was stale and there was the same sorry-looking fruit on display from one day to the next. Added to that there are just three tables for breakfast, one of which has two slightly-soiled armchairs as seats.

Room tip: To choose a good room, first choose a different motel
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2017

So it would appear that my wife and I have different views on this Quality Inn. She is more favorable I am a little less so, but since we were here for her appointments there is a very good chance that we will be back.

First the inn is undergoing some renovations. They are updating the rooms and making them more travel friendly. The room is comfortable, but a little tight around the king bed and tv area. The tub/shower has new tile and a tub surround. It is a little tight for a bigger guy like me, but it still works. Both of the night stands had a lamp that came with 2 USB ports on them as well as the night stands contained outlets and USB ports. So charge your devices should not be a problem. The newer bed we were on was firm but comfortable. The new bedding was nice, as was the newer headboard. The exterior of the place looks like it could use some new paint - given that thought, it looks like they have patched up the cracks and it looks like they are getting ready to paint sometime soon. Hopefully in future visits we will be able to see more changes.

The breakfast was a carbohydrate delight. Plenty of bread (white only), bagels (plain and blueberry), some Danishes (lemon, cheese and berry), muffins, cereal (Fruit Loops & Corn Flakes) and make your own Belgian Waffles. They had some yogurt and eggs in the mini fridge and some apples and oranges in a bowl. Juices consisted of Apple and Orange. There are only 3 tables in the breakfast area, so if the hotel fills up it might be better to do a grab and go to your room to eat. Not being a coffee drinker I cannot comment on how these were.

My wife and I look forward to the upcoming changes that appear to be happening at this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2017