Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
E R

Annoying elevators but beautiful hotel

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 May 2024
The lobby is on the 70th floor, where you have to switch elevator banks if you want to go to most other floors. I found myself growing frustrated over the wait for elevators and having to switch elevator banks to go to the gym or leave the hotel.

It’s a very beautiful hotel. Rooms are big and have great views. The tv carries Korean channels, which was fun. Drinks are crazy expensive ($30 for a Negroni), though I guess expected these days. Was bummed the bar was closed during my stay because of rain. Gym is huge and very well equipped.

It’s across from a Sephora and target, which came in handy when I realized I forgot a few things. And right by the downtown library. Check out the murals inside if you have time!
Date of stay: February 2024
Room Tip: Rooms don’t have umbrellas, which seemed crazy since it now rains all the time in LA!
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 6 May 2024
Its great to hear that you appreciated the size and view of your room at InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown, as well as the variety of TV channels. Also, it seems you enjoyed our central location and extensive gym facilities. The integration of our elevator system can admittedly require some getting used to, and we appreciate your patience with this. As for our pricing, we ensure it is in line with the premium products and services we offer. Lastly, we apologize about the temporary closure of the bar due to weather conditions. It sounds like the proximity to local amenities like Sephora and Target was convenient. We encourage all our guests explore the local cultural landmarks like the downtown library. We do hope you return for another memorable stay with us.

$392
    $284
16.2 km from InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Los Angeles
1,103 results
All reviews rooftop bar floor lobby tallest building la boucherie separate elevator the club lounge corner room executive suite hollywood sign beautiful hotel luxury hotel checking in room key staples center valet parking convention center spire
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 May 2024

I am deeply saddened having to write such a bad review on my favorite hotel brand.
I have been paying for an Ambassador member since 2014 and visited at least a dozen different Intercons in last decade.

minor ones:
1. bed was not made upon my check in
--> immediately changed to a different room
2. hand soap bottle was empty (notified, so that it can be addressed during the routine house keeping)
--> someone walked into my room to refill the soap when the room clearly had DND sign on. I only had my towels on as I just walked out of my shower.
3. funny thing is the towel I was going to reuse (by hanging on the towel hanger) were all gone, only to find the wet ones that I threw in the bathrub to be taken away, untouched

More serious one:
4. upon the entry to a new room, the marble bathroom floor was very sticky. (I video taped the sound) I asked this to be address to house keeping, as I was stepping out to get a dinner around 6pm.
--> nothing done when I came back from dinner.
--> alerted the front desk that the floor is sticky the next morning, only to hear "nothing could have been done yesterday, as the house keeping all go home at 5pm"
--> so I come back to the room few hours later (enough time for the house keeping to be done), same sticky floor. again video taped. nothing was done for 4 days and I've given up on it.
--> right after a this person walked in with the hand soap above, a cleaning lady again entered the room asking if she can clean the bathroom floor. Again, this is when the DND sign was on. (me with only towel on my body)

Most serious:
5. I had two consecutive stays, as I had to burn my BOGOF for the first 2 nights and the 3rd night with my corporate rate. So I can totally understand that there could be confusion on benefits and billings.
--> I found a bar charge that I suspected I should have gotten credit for. Turns out that the $20 daily beverage benefit only applies for the Ambassador membership was only valid for the first 2 nights and wasn't applicable for the 3rd night I used my corporate rate. (which I was not aware since no one told me, but just handed me a card saying $20 daily credit on beverage)
--> If I can afford to stay at the intercontinental, it's obvious that I can afford overpriced beverages from the hotel. When we finally figured out that this happened because of the different stay rate as mentioned above, I was slightly confused as this is something I would have have to figure out on my own from the beginning. Regardless I insisted that I will pay for it. The hotel offered to offset the charges with some other benefit points (?), as if the hotel was doing me a favor. I ended up getting the benefits and was offered an extra drinks before I leave. I turned it down as I had a car waiting for me. I was offered some extra points, but I also stated that it's not necessary. In normal circumstances, I would not have been so irritated, but I ended up feeling quite uncomfortable as I felt that the hotel was trying to silence me with petty offers. I wrote almost exactly the same review to Hotel's survey after my stay a week ago. So far I have not heard from them.

Room tip: study your bills carefully before blindly paying. location okay, but too many homeless ppl in downtown LA at night.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Zustin
IHG Service, Owner at InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2024

Hello Zustin,

Thank you for your stay at the InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown, California. I appreciate you for being one of our IHG One Rewards and Ambassador members! It's great that you are already working on maintaining your Elite status for next year!

We're determined to make your stay with us pleasant, and I am sorry to learn that some aspects of your visit turned out otherwise. I have alerted the hotel management regarding your comments. We will work harder to make your next stay better. I have also sent you a private message to follow up.

I hope you choose us again!

Best regards,

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHG Hotels and Resorts Service

Reviewed 28 April 2024

There is a lot to like about the hotel.

If you're going to stay downtown, it's very conveniently located and very central. Also, the views? Good luck beating the panoramic views of the city anywhere else.

The gym is tremendous both in size and offerings. Probably the best gym I've seen at any hotel. Very diverse equipment and they have a real squat rack, lift platform and bench press racks. An extreme rarity for most hotels.

I was also impressed that the hotel uses Breydo products, which are fantastic.

I did have an issue during my stay, but no hotel is immune from this happening though. It's how the hotel responds and I can confidently say, this hotel is first class. I didn't expect anything but the hotel went way above and beyond to make it right. So in the oft chance you have a problem, this hotel does a very good job here. My dealings with the staff were all top notch. Maria at the front desk was wonderful at check-in as was Franz in the front office.

I definitely look forward to returning next time I'm in town and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
General Manager, Agency / Consultant at InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2024

Beansiegal, your glowing review of the InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown is appreciated. It's refreshing to know you appreciated our central location, breathtaking city vistas, and the advanced gym facilities. We enjoy offering guests like you a range in amenities, including superior quality Breydo products. It's unfortunate to hear you had a concern during your stay, yet we're pleased our quick response exceeded expectations. Your compliments regarding Maria and Franz are highly appreciated and we'll pass them along. We await your return, and thank you for recommending us.

Reviewed 20 April 2024 via mobile

Great property, but a couple of things need to be fixed.
Rooms are perfect. Roof top bar always complicated to get a drink
We need to sit at the bar, not the tables, always reserved. We went up 4 days in a row different staff same problem .also, Lobby on the 70th floor ..yes spectacular but take elevator to lobby then different elevator to go down to your room.
To go out, I need to go back to the lobby, take another elevator to go down, and then find escalators to go down to get your car.. You need 15 minutes from the room to the car. EVERY guest we spoke to had the same complaint

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
Guest Services Manager, Owner at InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2024

Paolo D, thank you for acknowledging the quality of the rooms at InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown, an IHG Hotel. It seems the rooftop bar setup and multiple elevators was perplexing for you, and for that, we apologize. We continually strive to provide an intuitive design for all our guests, and your feedback helps us identify areas we need to focus on. We hope the rest of your experience with us was pleasant and that you'll give us another chance to impress you.

Reviewed 18 April 2024 via mobile

From the moment I drove up to the hotel, I was amazed by its grandeur. The hotel is 73 floors (tallest building west of the Mississippi). There are stunning panoramic views of Los Angeles from the Sky Lobby on the 70th floor. Staff was very friendly and rooms are clean.
Driving distance to many great restaurants and downtown LA attractions.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Shashi, many thanks for your uplifting review. It's heartening to hear how you were in awe of the InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown's impressive stature and breathtaking cityscape views from the Sky Lobby. We appreciate you recognizing our colleagues' friendliness and the cleanliness of our rooms. Your enjoyment of the surrounding Los Angeles attractions and dining options enhances our satisfaction too. We eagerly wait for your next visit to create more memorable experiences.

Reviewed 13 April 2024

I stayed at the Intercon Downtown for 2 nights recently. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. We were welcomed as soon as we arrived and taken to the club floor for check-in. The staff in the club room were fantastic, always helpful and kind. The food and drinks provided were of an excellent standard. The rooms were clean and fresh and well appointed. Thank you for our stay.

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
Guest Services Manager, Owner at InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2024

Steven, it's fantastic to hear that your stay at InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown was memorable. We're thrilled that our warm welcome, exceptional team members in the club room, outstanding food and drinks, and meticulously maintained rooms contributed positively to your experience. We value your high recommendation and look forward to your return.