All reviews rooftop bar hollywood sign apple tv star wars avocado hummus hollywood boulevard hipster vibe hip hotel valet parking pantages theater walking distance the ground floor an older building rooms are modern thin walls comfy bed hour flight
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I came to Los Angeles this past weekend and was so pleasantly surprised by my stay at MAMA Shelter. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough to make my stay there comfortable. I happened to mention I was in LA for my son's emmy nomination and they were so halt for me that they made sure to send us drinks to the bar after he WON. the valet serve was also very helpful in making sure my ubers were on time to pick us up. ALSO.....BEST COFFEE IN TOWN. Loved the location and the comfort of my room. The room was clean and the bed so comfortable. I will for sure be staying Here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Dreamer527889
Management response:Responded 23 June 2018

Hey there,

Thank you for taking the time to sharing your experience at Mama Shelter LA with us. It make me happy to see that overall you enjoyed your stay at Mama LA. And yes, the Mama loves her coffee too.

I look forward to welcoming you sometime soon!

Cheers,

Reviewed 26 April 2018

We had 2 wonderful nights at the Mama!!! Well located in LA, nice designed rooms, and great rooftop with its view ...The staff is very nice and we were lucky to meet the mama's manager who is a great guy.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Worldlover5
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Reviews made it sound like this hotel would be noisy and full of drunk people. We stayed midweek while going to a concert at the Palladium. It was fine. It was quiet except for expected street traffic. Fantastic views from the roof. We walked to the Palladium with no issues. The street is pretty safe and busy with foot traffic. The best part of Mama Shelter is the food. We had amazing protein bowls and drinks for dinner and a great breakfast in the morning. It's so nice to stay at a hotel that actually has good, quality food.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

First let me say we loved Mama Shelter. There are so many upsides. The bed is comfy, location great for Hollywood sights, atmosphere chilled out/hip and best of all every member of staff is positive, upbeat, helpful and a pleasure to interact with. But there are downsides so this hotel is not for everyone. The roof bar is lovely but generates huge crowds of noisy groups going up and down. The street noise is loud - construction, traffic, revellers (earplugs are provided). The bar downstairs is also often loud and crowded - again great if you are looking for that vibe. There is no room service but food/drinks are available at the great cafe downstairs or on the roof. The bathroom shower is good but there are no drawers to put clothes away in the room. Apple TV in room is fab. Also a glass fronted fridge to put your own drinks in. So all in all pick wisely - we loved it!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 917Sasha_D_12
Management response:Responded 8 April 2018

Hey Sasha,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Mama Shelter Los Angeles. It makes me so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also grateful that guests like yourself take the time to share criticisms in a constructive and helpful manner.
Thank you for choosing Mama LA as your home away from home. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Mama Loves You

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I was travelling around California in August 2017 with my fiancee and stopped in LA for a few nights. We loved the location of Mama Shelter which is just in between Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd and the view from our window was the Hollywood sign. Possibly the most iconic hotel room view I've ever had!
There is a fussball table in the bar downstairs and they serve fantastic breakfast's, so filling and satisfying. There is also a roof-top restaurant and bar terrace with fantastic views of LA.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank Martinaldo
Management response:Responded 8 April 2018

Hey Martinaldo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Mama Shelter Los Angeles. It makes me really happy that you and your fiancee truly enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate you choosing Mama LA as your home away from home and would love to welcome you back anytime!

Mama Loves You