3,052 results
All reviews jw steakhouse m club the concierge lounge manhattan beach shuttle service long flight free shuttle rental car an early morning flight self parking stayed one night an overnight stay santa monica lobby area fitness center starbucks lax
Reviewed 15 August 2018

We chose this hotel for the convenient location! Our room was a great price too. There is a free shuttle to take you to the airport. But it sometimes had a line. So make sure you allow plenty of time.

The concierge lounge was excellent. It's actually open 24 hours! The bottles of water that you fill yourself were excellent and very convenient. I also loved the view of the airplanes taking off! It was awesome! Breakfast was standard, but spread out enough to where we were not on top of each other.

The parking is outrageous. $42 for self park and $49 for valet. And the valet took a while sometimes!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank boymomdfw
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Everybody is very helpful and you can't beat the convenience of the shuttle. The rooms were clean, but the carpet had a musty / humid / cigarette smell. Restaurant / room service food was very good, although pretty expensive for what you get. Parking costs are prohibitive, so we dropped off the rental car before we checked in.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Apart from the rather small rooms and long corridors everything else about this hotel is exceptional: staff, pool, nearness to airport, shuttle, cleanliness, concierge lounge, ease of taking rental car back to Alamo (who drove us back to the hotel - thank you Alamo!).

Normally I love heated pools but I visited on such a hot day that a non-heated pool would have been a relief. It is a very large pool in a beautifully landscaped garden. The child in our group loved it.

This hotel has been recently remodeled so everything looks cool and clean. The lobby however is a little too minimalist and austere. The child kept asking if we were at the airport. A few big plants and some art might help. It looked OK when it was full of people.

The concierge lounge without people is absolutely fabulous with amazing views. When the food is out it is a bit of a mad house and not very enjoyable. "Diner" was not very good but breakfast was the standard Marriott free breakfast.

The ice machine near our room on the 5th floor did not work - causing unhappiness to several people. The elevator near our room also did not work but perhaps we were not supposed to use it.

Overall I would be happy to stay here again. Thank you Marriott.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank KerryBorn
Reviewed 11 August 2018

Enjoyed our evening here before a work conference. The staff was friendly, the shuttle was easy to use, and the rooms are clean and quiet.
The concierge lounge is larger than most and has a wonderful selection.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Paula D
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Rather than spending 10 hours in LAX waiting for a connecting flight, I decided to book a room at the Los Angeles Airport Marriott. When I called the hotel prior to my arrival in LA, I asked about the frequency of the shuttle between the airport and the hotel. The representative at the hotel told me the shuttles ran every 15 to 20 minutes around the clock, but more on that later.

The pros of the Los Angeles Airport Marriott:
- The hotel staff was very friendly, a big mark in their favor
- My room was clean and modern, I appreciated the in-room coffee when I had to awake early

The cons of the Los Angeles Airport Marriott:
- Although the staff was very friendly, the wait to actually check in and get my room key was longer than it needed to be. They seriously need to have more people on duty during high traffic periods.
- Even though I had reserved a room (and had a confirmation number) the hotel did not have a room available for me when I arrived and did not have my Marriott Rewards number with my reservation, despite the fact that I reserved the room from the Marriott app on my phone - which has my Marriott Rewards number on it!
- When I reviewed the charges upon checkout I discovered a charge to my room of $32 from the hotel restaurant, despite the fact that I never ate there. (The staff did say they would remove the charge from my bill.)
- And the shuttle that runs between the airport and the hotel every 15 to 20 minutes? I waited 35 minutes at airport shuttle stop and was just about to go find a taxi when the shuttle finally arrived.

Although I don't usually have long layovers when I connect through LAX, I would be reluctant to stay at the LA Airport Marriott if I find myself in that position in the future.

Marriott, you can do better!

Room Tip: Just hope they actually have a room for you when you make a reservation!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank DrRich4BNA
Jeff H, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear DrRich4BNA,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your brief visit. It's never pleasant to learn we did not meet the expectations of a guest and while there were some positive comments on the staff and the room clean and modern, it was disappointing to see the "missed" services by the airport shuttle and billing. As is our practice, we share this feedback with he appropriate department leadership as it helps us going forward with training and development. I will also be sharing the shuttle issues you encountered with our shuttle company as we know the overall impact this service has on the guests hotel experience.

Once again, thank you for the feedback. Hopefully, in the future, we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel.