3,062 results
All reviews jw steakhouse m club the concierge lounge manhattan beach shuttle service long flight free shuttle rental car self park stayed one night santa monica lobby area fitness center starbucks lax latitude parking
Reviewed 1 December 2016

Stayed at the Marriott while attending LosCon. Room was nice. Spotlessly clean with no perfumes or cleaning oders. Comfortable beds and nice decor.
Wifi was fast and easy to connect.
The breakfast buffet was very nice and OK on price. I couldn't believe that wait staff remembered us from last year and came over to say hello. OK, we wear costumes, but that is still exceptional.
I was heading down the hall with a rolling bag and a cane. A maid saw me and asked if I needed any help. On a separate occasion, I managed to lock my key card in my room. Maid summoned security who arrived in less than 5 minutes to determine what I needed and let me in. Every staff member I interacted with made me feel like they valued me as a customer.
As a bonus, the room was quiet in spite of being a block from LAX. I only heard the planes when I made an effort to decide if I could hear the planes.
Since I was there attending a SciFi/Fantasy conference, we had extra demands compared to a business traveler. They never stopped smiling and always exceeded expectations. Definitely a 5 star experience.

Room tip: As this is an airport hotel, best views are facing toward a very pretty courtyard with pool.
1  Thank Steve F
Reviewed 27 November 2016

We booked Marriott LAX as a stop over from Hawaii. I contacted the hotel to let them know we would not be arriving until 10pm or later and to ask about shuttle to hotel.
I was told the shuttle has the name on the bus. Okay, we we got to the hotel shuttle area, a bus pulled up with Marriott LAX on the side of it. We loaded up and thought we were headed to hotel. Once everyone got off, I asked the driver if the Marriott Renaissance and Marriott LAX was the same. He said no and that he doesn't drive to the LAX hotel. WHAT! The hotel name is on the side of the bus! He said yes, it happens all the time. He graciously said he could drop us off by the hotel parking lot but not able to drive in or he would be fired. He did drop us off, two women with 3 large suit cases dragging across a 1/2 block of parking lot and another 1/4 block up the ramp to the entrance. Time almost 11 pm. We asked the desk clerk to speak to the Manager that the incorrect listing on this bus caused us to be dropped off in a parking lot and that could be very unsafe. The desk clerk said she could compensate us $20 for our trouble. We told her we didn't need compensation that the situation with the incorrect name on the shuttle could be very dangerous for someone by themselves in the middle of the night. We asked again for the Manager. He/She wouldn't come out.
(Probably really busy at 11pm). So the Manager made us think that this wasn't important when it could potentially be very serious.The Desk Clerk said she would make a note of it. Moral of the story, don't assume you are on the right bus just because it's labeled MARRIOTT LAX, ask the driver. Thank you Marriott Manger for helping us select another hotel in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Jeffrey F, Front Office Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Dear Betty S,

I am concerned about your shuttle experience and how it was resolved by our team. I will be reaching out to you privately to get more details.

Jeff

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Horrible rooms, tiny and outdated. I travel to NYC often and my King room at this hotel was smaller than most of the NYC hotel rooms I have stayed in. Tiny bathroom. No outlets on the night stands. $40+ to valet park for one night only a $ or 2 less to self park. Only redeeming feature to this place is that it's close to the airport and has a shuttle. It's in need of a major overhaul. We'll see in the AM how prompt it is. Very disappointing, and we are loyal Marriott customers.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank pmcolorado

Dear pmcolorado,

I am sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. We are currently in the process of renovating all of our guestrooms which will be complete next year. I hope you are able to return to see the finished product which promises to be a complete change from the current room.

Jeff

Reviewed 27 November 2016

This is a nice airport hotel for the location. It is located about 5 minutes from the airport depending on traffic. As soon as you walk in the spacious lobby it is filled w/ sections to sit and lounge and big long tables for groups to sit and eat. There is a Starbucks and 2 other restaurants. We did the club room which was worth it. They were very accommodating, The breakfast was a very good hearty breakfast w/ eggs, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit and baked goods. They have water bottles and a little candy bar as you exit. While eating your breakfast on the 16th floor you can watch the plans land. That was every entertaining for the kids. The pool area was nice and very colorful at night. They had lots of lounge chairs and a small Veranda area in the middle to hang out. When we went the weather was mild so the pool water was cooler than normal. Still a nice place to chill out in some hammocks and you don't hear the airport traffic to much. The rooms are spacious and clean for your standard double room. They have nice floor to ceiling windows that brings in the sunlight to make the room bright. Location- it's a short drive to the beach cities, Venice, Santa Monica, Manhattan, Hermosa and Redondo Beach, except when there is traffic, it make take a little longer. It's only 10-12 miles from Hollywood without doing the freeway. The staff was friendly and we were greeted with a smile as we checked in. I have some friend that live in LA come meet us at the lobby and we have enough room to sit and have some drinks and snacks in the Lobby area. Overall, it's a good hotel and we had a nice experience. I would stay there again.

Room tip: ask for pool side view room.
Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and the hotel staff was really amazing. The hotel is in a really good location. The central location is perfect to walk just about anywhere. On arrival was very busy in the lobby and there was a long queue. The room was very basic but comfortable. Staff is phenomenal!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple