Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
mcfarland15
Washington DC, District of Columbia

Missing the pre-Covid Biltmore ...

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Aug 2021via mobile
I have stayed at the Biltmore a number of times over the last 15 years, including hosting a conference there with 600 people.just three years ago. I had really appreciated the service, which was experienced and anticipated my needs. COVID has altered my old friend, and not in good ways. The service this time was minimal-- when no one answered my call to the front desk to ask for shampoo and hangars, both of which should have been present in the room, I was reduced to going down to the front desk, only to be told by them to go back to my room and dial "34"-- which was not answered when I did call. Finally I hailed a maid working down the hall and and those items were delivered a few minutes later. Food service is now minimal, and seems to consist only of a grab and goin the bar. Fortunately there is an excellent a French bakery and sit-down cafe right next door, and I recommend it highly for families. I also appreciate that the Biltmore has re-opened their pool, which is a sumptuous feature of the hotel, but the hours are maddening-- too late for morning exercise (9-12), but too early for swimming in the evening after being out for the day. I also found our room oddly stark-- I had upgraded at higher expense to a large room suitable for a family with two children. The room was indeed large, but was nearly empty-- no art on the walls except a small photo of Owen Wilson (!), and no upholstered furniture at all. Just a desk and two beds! I called the front desk and asked since we were a family of four if they could put a sofa or chair in the room. They responded quickly, but by bringing up two ballroom chairs. So we had a spacious room, but no furniture or art to speak of! I realize it is still uncertain times for LA hotels, and that furloughs and shortages may be affecting staffing, but don't accept more guests than you can serve. There was no restaurant, no concierge to give advice or make reservations for you, no furniture or guests allowed in the Rendezvous Court or any attempt to make us feel at home in the hotel amidst the masks. And guest services were not answering their phones promptly. I miss the old days, and hope that someday after COVID recedes the Biltmore will come back to the level of service and ambience I used to appreciate so much. If it stays like this beyond COVID, I will not be back. There are other hotels providing better service even in this difficult environment.
Date of stay: August 2021
Room Tip: Have breakfast or brunch at the French bakery next door (Pitchoun!)-- it offers a cooked...
$603
    $271
16.6 km from The Biltmore Los Angeles
View more hotels in Los Angeles
1,724 results
All reviews pershing square gallery bar rendezvous court beautiful hotel downtown la hollywood glamour club room public spaces beautiful lobby grand central market homeless people metro station academy dtla valet doorman conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2021 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel !! The staff was very professional and courteous. If I needed towels , they were brought up right away. I had to extend my stay and it was taken care of expeditiously by Albert Sambou , one of the office managers. All I can say is , I’ll definitely book another stay at this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank elainegC7332NG
Reviewed 3 August 2021 via mobile

This is a wonderful place, dated back to an era of glamour and opulence. The building was lovely inside, high decorated ceilings and beautiful decor. I did have difficulty finding the place and the one way system was a change with the road works. I was greeted at the door and the reception was friendly. I found out that there was no valet parking so I had to drive around again to park. The parking space allocated is the room number so when mine was marked handicapped and occupied I had to go back and ask what to do. Park anywhere madam! No assistance with baggage into the hotel or up to the room. The room had a look of old elegance, tastefully done but a little tired. No maid service this is a given with covid but no restaurants open except a bar that sold some snacks. The hotel was not empty so food would have been pleasant. Since I was unfamiliar with the area it would have been nice to have a concierge to give suggestions for dinner. I stayed 4 nights and had to ask for more coffee for the room. People just put full trash cans out side the room. For 2 days there was a film crew outside, just a lot of people and equipment and the pool was closed. This is really a lovely hotel in the middle of town. If they brought service back it would have been a pleasure to stay there. $45 daily for parking. It was so inconvenient I would have paid more for valet service. The lack of a restaurant was a problem for me. I don’t think we can blame everything on covid. Wear a mask and clean your hands. If they brought some service back I would gladly stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank vintagechina
Christine Co, Owner at The Biltmore Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2021

Dear Connector,

Thank you for your honest feedback. While I wish, you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. Once more, we apologize for the feeling you felt during your stay and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 25 July 2021 via mobile

Check-in was 3pm. At 430pm, I was still in line. The lobby floor was trash-ridden. The customer service was poor. The lobby had poor air-conditioning and poor circulation.

I will end my review by saying we walked out of that dark, dirty hotel and booked another one. I left feeling like I needed to immediately take a shower. I am not exaggerating and this is the first time I've taken the time to write a negative review.

Believe the one-star reviews- save time and energy- do yourself a favor and do not book this hotel.

Room tip: Avoid this hotel
5  Thank YaCol6

Dear YaCol16,

Thank you for your honest feedback. While I wish, you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. Once more, we apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 8 July 2021 via mobile

Upon arrival, we noticed the shampoo and conditioner bottles were used and empty. I wonder they ever cleaned the room. That’s the first bad sign.. We had to call the housekeeping TWICE and finally got the replacement bottles. Only 3 towel set even though we booked for 4. So we called again. Then...
No one came to clean our room next day. So we had to call again to get new towels. The pool smelled really bad & moldy and few ceiling lights weren’t working so it made the dark room even darker. My kids were joking some ghost will show up. Their beds are so awful too. I didn’t know such a cheap bed still exist. It reminded me the one I used to have when I was a student. No way this is 4 star hotel. It’s a joke. I had much better experience in 3 star hotels. It’s pity because hotel itself is such a gem. Old but very elegant. They should change the management.

5  Thank kailunak

Dear Kailunak,

Thank you for your honest feedback. While I wish, you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. Once more, we apologize for the inconvenienced you had during your stay and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 1 July 2021

this place has tons of history, and is said to be haunted. rooms were clean, water pressure was excellent. my family had a great time exploring the hotel, and exploring DTLA, as the location is fantastic. the hotel bar serves great cocktails and free appetizers. no other restaurants are currently open as of June 2021.

Room tip: we chose an executive room, was very roomy for my family of 4
Date of stay: June 2021