Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Loremea B

Anniversary date

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Apr 2021via mobile
Amazing time at the Roosevelt Hollywood. Great staff and very helpful especially check in staff Molly. She was wonderful and so down to earth. The room was spectacular just enough space for my husband and I to enjoy. Amazing views from the 11th floor.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
B P, Other at The Hollywood Roosevelt, responded to this review
Responded 12 Apr 2021
Dear LoremeaB1,

Happy Anniversary once again to you and yours and thank you for sharing a review regarding your special visit. We have long believed that it is the genuine hospitality provided by our team members which brings guests back time and again and your kind words regarding the warm welcome provided by Molly and her colleagues further affirms that sentiment. We will be sure to celebrate this feedback throughout the hotel and we wish you both endless years of health, happiness, and love.

We hope more visits are in the future and we invite you to be in touch if we can assist in planning your return.

Best regards,

$288
17.5 km from The Hollywood Roosevelt
View more hotels in Los Angeles
3,942 results
All reviews cabana room spare room bre smith tropicana bar library bar director of guest relations marilyn monroe pool parties chinese theatre film festival pool area amazing hotel king suite love this hotel valet parking universal studios hollywood
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 April 2021

The Hotel is very well maintained and the staff attentive. You can feel the history around it. The food was reasonably priced and the rooms were accommodating (Margiela products!!!) .

A memorable stay I would gladly do again.

1  Thank Navigate310169
B P, Other at The Hollywood Roosevelt, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2021

Dear Navigate310169,

Creating Hollywood memories is a constant goal of our team and we are thrilled to learn that your recent visit was so perfectly enjoyed. We thank you for taking the time to share your kind words regarding the genuine hospitality provided by our team and please be assured that the details of your review will be celebrated throughout the hotel. On behalf of all of us, the pleasure was ours and we hope you are looking forward to your return just as much as we are. If we can assist in planning your next Hollywood retreat, we invite you to be in touch.

Reviewed 7 April 2021 via mobile

All I can say is, FANTASTIC. The staff is wonderful, the drinks at the Tropicana Cafe are vacation worthy, the vibe at the pool is great, Alana was an incredible host. The service is impeccable. Can’t wait to check in to The Hollywood Roosevelt again! A true gem! For a second, I forgot that we were in a pandemic.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caligirl297
B P, Other at The Hollywood Roosevelt, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2021

Dear Caligirl297,

We are looking forward to your return and we thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your most recent Hollywood Roosevelt get-away. Your kind words regarding Alana and the welcoming environment created by our colleagues leaves us beaming with pride and please know that this feedback will be celebrated with our team. On behalf of all of us, we were thrilled to host the perfect escape and we invite you to join us again just as soon as you can.

Reviewed 5 April 2021

I normally don't write reviews, but my husband and I were super impressed with our weekend here. The staff, the vibe, the COVID safety measures....all top-notch.

THE ROOMS: We got a loft suite, and it's the perfect size. Stylish, clean, tasteful. Top shelf toiletries. Only drawback: The bathrooms are TINY.

THE FOOD: Limited menu across the hotel, but everything was tasty. Room service is available. In common spaces you can scan a QR code at your table or lounger and they'll bring you anything.

THE POOL: Such a scene! Pool is a perfect temperature. Lots of fun lounge music. So much people-watching.

SERVICE AND STAFF: The best. Everything went so smoothly. Quick check in, room service was prompt. Everyone was super nice. We always felt welcome.

TWO BIG SHOUT-OUTS:
- Our concierge Mollie for having a chilled bottle of champagne in our room when we arrived.
- The two pool hostesses are legit amazing. They have the hardest job at the hotel and they do it with a smile. They deserve ALL the praise.

TIPS:
- Don't book anything smaller than a Loft Suite if you're staying in the tower.
- They'll text you a link to do a pre check in. Use it to buy discounted credits for food and late check out with it.
- You can't reserve a lounger at the pool and space is limited, so get there early. There’s also a three hour time limit. HOWEVER....there are seating areas in the far end by the bocce ball court that are open to anyone, and it was legit better than anything closer to the pool.

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank candcLA
B P, Other at The Hollywood Roosevelt, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2021

Dear candcLA,

It is a joy for us to welcome guests from near and far and we are elated you were able to enjoy a local LA based staycation. We thank you both for joining us and we appreciate you taking the time to share your thorough and thoughtful review. We are sure your fellow travelers will appreciate the tips and we are warmed to know that your overall visit was so magically enjoyed.

Your kind words regarding Molly, our pool greeters, and the rest of our team leave us beaming with pride and please know that your thoughtful feedback will be celebrated throughout the hotel. Our culinary colleagues will be happy to know that the menus impressed at every turn and while not often seen, the efforts of our Housekeeping team are critically important during these times and we thank you for making note of their efforts.

On behalf of your many friends in Hollywood, the pleasure was ours and we look forward to seeing you again one day soon, whether that be for dinner for two, or another weekend retreat. Until then.

Reviewed 31 March 2021

I booked a room at The Hollywood Roosevelt for my birthday this month because my friends told me good things about the hotel from their past experiences. Upon arriving at the hotel, I was looking to upgrade my room for this special weekend to have a memorable experience with my friends. While this should have been a seamless process, the front desk agent wasn't properly trained, making my check-in experience take over 45 mins. Upon being notified that there was a $150 incidental hold per room/night, I asked the front desk agent if it would be possible to charge that rate once per night since I upgrade to a two-bedroom suite spending an extra $1000 over my three-night stay. In response, I was snapped at by the check-in clerk telling me no, it won't be possible. I then asked him if he would ask his manager, and he was hesitant at first, giving myself and my other friend a much-unneeded attitude. A few minutes later, one of the front desk managers exemplified that same poor attitude asking me (the customer) if there was a problem and being very rude about the whole situation. Wanting to get into my room after a long day of flying, I let the entire case go as I didn't want to start my trip on the wrong note.

On day 2 of my trip, I called down to the housekeeping department, asking someone to come freshen up our rooms since they hadn't been serviced since we checked in. I was told that they would not service our rooms due to COVID concerns, but we could put all our dirty towels in a bag and leave it outside. I was confused by this as it was never communicated at check-in or by anyone about the current procedures. Wanting to understand more, I asked to speak to a manager. After 30 minutes of having to call back multiple times, I finally got connected to the Director of Housekeeping, Rebecca Jimenez. While speaking with Rebecca, she too exemplified a piss poor attitude over the phone, berating me, saying that I should understand the situation because I'm an essential worker. Being someone who's worked in hospitality for over eight years, I understand the unprecedented times we're in right now and understand the current procedures in place. Still, I don't have the patience for the lack of communication across departments or how I got spoken to. While trying to get an answer from Rebecca of why this wasn't communicated, all she could keep saying was that "I'm an essential worker" and "I should understand." A simple response of "I apologize this wasn't communicated, and I will follow up with the front desk team" would have been sufficient. Instead, she threatened to cancel my entire reservation. After this happened, I was pretty appalled by what I had just experienced during my birthday weekend. Like the situation at the front desk, I didn't push the issue because I wasn't going to let someone who wasn't happy to be working ruin my experience.

On day 3 of my trip, I get a knock on my suite from someone in housekeeping asking if I would like my room serviced. At this point, I was shocked as I was berated the day before for just asking someone to pick up our used towels and bring fresh toiletries. Clearly, there are significant communication issues that need to be addressed across departments because this lack of transparency is unacceptable.

On day 4 of my trip, I checked out of my room and was sitting by the pool before leaving for my flight in a few hours. After sitting in the pool area in peace for over an hour, one of the people working told my friend and me we had to leave since we had already checked out and the pool area was at capacity. This was quite odd to me as there were plenty of open lounge chairs available, all of which were socially distanced to accommodate COVID safety protocols. Having traveled to hundreds of hotels, I have never had an experience like this and hope this is not the standard for how The Hollywood Roosevelt treats their guests.

5  Thank maximilliancr
B P, Other at The Hollywood Roosevelt, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2021

Dear maximilliancr,

Happy Birthday once again and thank you for joining us for your celebratory retreat. Our upgraded room types are always worth consideration, and we are delighted to read that you decided to treat yourself to a bit of added luxury. While we were happy to accommodate that request, the deposit for incidentals would still exist and that authorization is part of the standard check-in system and not something our team can simply override. We apologize if this was not better explained, and we regret if it resulted in your experience getting off on the wrong foot.

We appreciate your added feedback, and we are sorry if our pause on daily housekeeping service for stay-over guests was at all a surprise. Like many hotels, these adjustments to daily operations have been made with the well-being of our guests and colleagues in mind and we regret if this was not clear at the time of your booking. We have taken great effort to provide transparency on changes at the hotel and our team members should have reviewed these details with you as we were checking you in and welcoming you to the hotel.

Should your time allow, I would value the opportunity to speak by phone so that I may extend a more personal apology and learn a bit more about your experience for further coaching with our team. With that in mind, my contact details are provided below which I encourage you to use in forwarding your own information and a suitable time for me to be in touch. We hope to better impress should we have the chance to welcome you again and I look forward to speaking with you in the days ahead.

djacinto@hollywoodroosevelt.com

Reviewed 31 March 2021 via mobile

If you like places with unique character and history but you want modern convenience this is the place for you. It’s a throw back to the Hollywood glam days. We stayed in a cabana close to the famous pool area, close to where Marilyn Monroe lived. You can actually book the cabana suite she lived in while in Hollywood!
The customer service is excellent. A special shout out to Mark for making us feel so welcome and for taking time to show us some of the many cool places in the hotel.
Unfortunately, due to covid some of the places were closed so we will definitely be back to enjoy the new restaurant opening up and to see the hotel in its full glory.
Thanks again Mark, you made our trip one we will never forget!
Angela Morris

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank B3191MRangelan

Dear B3191MRangelan,

As you have so kindly noted, our hotel is rich in history and we are elated to read that you so enjoyed exploring our various spaces. While we are known for events from years ago, we pride ourselves on creating legendary experiences today and we are delighted to find that Mark and the rest of our team made you feel so at home. We thank you for sharing your “shout out” and we look forward to you enjoying more of our hotel as services are fully resumed.

On behalf of all of us, the pleasure was ours and we hope to see you again one day soon.