“The food!!!”

Night + Market
Ranked #425 of 10,919 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

This restaurant delivers exactly what it sells. Quirky decoration, loud music, relaxed service. Everything intended, in my opinion, to highlight the real star of the show: the food.
Bold flavors, umami everywhere and a not to shy use of spices make the food absolutely unforgettable. But be careful of you are not used to spicy food, you can struggle a bit.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

My friend and I were visiting LA for a long weekend, and we selected Night + Market for our dinner our first night in town. The restaurant is beautifully and playfully decorated, and the wait wasn't terrible (they don't take reservations, and you will have to wait) - maybe 15 minutes at 8/9 on a Friday night. You sign up on the list, walk to the bar, get enormous Thai beers, and then flip through the Night + Market cookbook while you wait for your table.

The service was all right. They were busy! We decided to order mostly off the specials, so (unfortunately) I can't be really specific about what we ordered. We started with an appetizer special: fried crab wontons (blue crab meat, cream cheese, mentaiko, sweet and sour, served over cucumber salad). I've rarely found a crab rangoon I didn't like, but this one ranked high though - DELICIOUS. We then got the pork toro (grilled fatty pig neck, salty like bacon, with jaew northeastern chili dip). It was good, but too large of a portion for just the two of us! When they say fatty, they mean it! We both finished about two pieces each (and it came with like 6-8). For our entree, we shared the pastrami noodle dish (can't remember what it was called). Okay, it was DELICIOUS, but it was also one of the spiciest things I've ever eaten. If you're bringing anyone to this restaurant that doesn't like spice, I'd be very careful of what you order! I gulped down my large Thai beer and drank a bucket of water and still didn't eat that much of the noodles. It definitely had a kick, or many kicks. (They were out of the uni garlic fried rice special, sadly!)

It was a fun meal and a delicious meal, and it definitely isn't your average Thai food in the U.S. I'd go back for sure! (And I might invest in their cookbook to try cooking Thai food at home!)

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has been in my to try list for a while, finally made the journey here and I was not disappointed. The dishes are not large in size, but they packed flavors and plenty of them pack serious heat. This is spicy food enthusiast heaven. Execution is fast and the tastes from any dish are multi-layered. The wait could be long since they do not take reservations. Get there early to avoid the wait. Funky atmosphere, a bit of cheap chic, plenty of dishes to try.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

One of the best Thai, all the noodles are exceptional, the green beans in garlic are delicious and the chicken sandwich is famous for a reason. Also have a nice wine list.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

This is a small cafe and not really like the night markets in Thailand or Singapore. The vibe is fun and young. The menu is eclectic. Burmese curry was nothing like anything Burmese I️ have ever tasted. The rice was not quite right. The larb gai was hard to eat with giant pieces of cabbage connected. However the green beans were very tasty and the green duck curry was fun. We all found the food unusually salty and a bit greasy. The Roti was way too greasy. As someone who is in Singapore or Thailand every year - the food doesn’t quite hit the mark.