“This Diner is no Dive”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Loved this place , seated quickly and the service was second to none.
The music was chill and the atmosphere was cool.
The food was delicious and the cocktails were yummy.
Loved it

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Walking back to our rental from the Metro after the Dodger's game on Jackie Robinson day, we happened upon this awesome restaurant: Mel's Drive-In. After being seated, I commented to the server on the fresh carnations on the table and added they were my favorite and it was my birthday. Let the fun begin! The server brought over three awesome T-shirts and told me to pick one as a gift from Mel's. We had a fabulous meal, which include a special of the day piled-high natchos appetizer, a BLT Wedge Salad and then my favorite: a grilled Rueben (portions were large, half the sandwich went home with me). Oh yes, the milkshakes are rich and thick, and yummy! To top it off, a few servers delivered a very large slice of layered chocolate cake with candles and sang "Happy Birthday!" Mel's Drive-In helped me end my special day in style! Thanks!!

Reviewed 22 April 2018

What a great diner. Fun décor and good service. Wow, the menu is huge. Best coffee in Hollywood. While here be sure to buy a Mel's t-shirt.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

Traveled to California with my mother.

Walked in here for some lunch.

Milkshakes were delicious!
Portions are big!
We split the club sandwich with potato salad as a side.

Great opportunity for pictures inside and outside.
Friendly staff.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

We ran out of water, the service was fast, but some of the things we ordered didn't come. The food was good. Get your discount from the corner sign.
It's worth going though.