“We felt like at home!”
other travellers have booked this property
House from the garden
Dining Area and Living Room Fold out couch in living room.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Dining Area and Living Room
Fold out couch in living room.
Patio with 1920's barbeque.
You are here (on the Hill--not in Capitol Records)
The ideal location. Close to everything.
Open the doors for indoor/outdoor experience
Stairs lead from garden-level apartment to the street.
Front of House
Comfy bed and opium niche
Shiva in the Garden
Fold Out Couch in Living Room
Buddha in the Garden
Living Room with Working Fireplace
Hallway between living room & bedroom. Bathroom is door to the right.
1/3 of Garden
Vintage stove & oven
One corner of the patio.
Patio by night.
Bathroom with shower
The house from the garden. I live upstairs.
Half way through the garden. Have a seat.
The pond at the back. Your reward: Relax here.
Opium niche for lounging or sleeping
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

giuliamor...
Recco, Italy
“We felt like at home!”
Reviewed 29 November 2012 for a stay in November 2012

great stay in Hollywood! I really miss Yvonne and her kindness!
The home pretty, the place fantastic..
Michael, the neighbour very kind.
We had dinner all together many times ..
perfect stay for any types of vacation!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Yvonne
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Lakewood
Reviewed 2 November 2012 for a stay in October 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
2 Nov 2012
So glad you enjoyed your stay here. You were a lot of fun. Loved walking around these hills with you. Hope you can stay again.
Ohio
Reviewed 25 October 2012 for a stay in September 2012
person found this review helpful

25 Oct 2012
Really loved having you here !!! You were a most memorable guest. And that was among many really nice & fun guests we have had. Felt like you were an old friend(long-time, that is--not aged;-) right away. Was sorry to see you go. Hope you can return.
New York
Reviewed 24 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012

A romantic getaway
24 Oct 2012
Glad you enjoyed your stay. I certainly enjoyed having you.
KrisRDH
Jacksonville, NC
“Not at all what we expected”
Reviewed 20 October 2012 for a stay in September 2012

This place was far from the tropical paradise advertised. Upon arrival, we had to call Yvonne multiple times over a 30 minute period before finally getting an answer. In between calls and trying to figure out if we were in the right place, my husband ventured down the pathway alongside the house since there was a piece of paper hanging on the side of the house with a street number and arrows. Along the way he saw lots of leaves/debris, a broken window in the house and a shirtless man sleeping within the attached main dwelling. He hurried back to the car to continue calling. We were sure we were in the wrong spot. Yvonne finally answered and met us outside. We were in fact in the correct location. Once inside, we were overwhelmed by the bleach/moldy scent. The furniture/decor was actually pretty nice, but the bathroom was deplorable. There was no real flooring. It looked like it belonged in a janitor's closet. (see pics) We decided to give the place a chance despite our poor first impression. While standing before us, Yvonne decided to start folding the towels we were to use WITH HER TEETH!!! We were both appalled by this but again were trying to be polite. In asking her where we could go to eat, she told us the area was a little sketchy but overall safe. We decided to drive instead of walk (thank God) to find some food. The area was downright scary -not at all a place you'd want to be in much less walking. My husband is a good sized, well trained military man and was very uncomfortable being there. We headed back to the place and decided we'd stay the night and leave to find better accommodations the next morning even though we'd already paid in full for 2 nights. Throughout the night, we could hear every move they made upstairs. There was ZERO sound barrier. At one point I even heard them using the restroom then flushing. This place needs some major improvements before being rented again. The bathroom is in dire need of attention as well as the noise issue. I would not recommend this place to anyone. We travel extensively and have never left a bad review if that's any indication.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nothing
Liked least: Bathroom and Noise
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
20 Oct 2012
I don’t know what motivates these guests. The vast majority of this review is either a gross exaggeration or completely untrue. See what other guests say. To answer these people point by point:
1. There was no need to call me. I already told them where the apartment was and where to find a key.
2. There is no debris on the path. However, they were right about the leaves. They fall from trees. Trees are found in gardens
3. There is no broken window.
4. The mentioned neighbor is Michael. Many many guests have told me how helpful and wonderful he is and how much they enjoy talking with him. When the weather is hot, it is true that sometimes he goes without a shirt.(this is Southern California)
5. There are absolutely no bad smells in the apartment. I have verified this with a number of guests who have stayed both before and after them.
6. The bathroom is always clean. There is flooring.
7. I fold towels with my hands. Not my teeth.
8. The area is extremely safe. It has been listed by Los Angeles Magazine as one of the ten best places to live in Los Angeles.
9. I do mention noise from upstairs right in my description. However, most of my guests don’t notice it and if they do it doesn’t bother them.
10. I do flush the toilet. This is true.
11. The apartment is in very good condition. However, this is a 1920’s house, so it is not a modern hotel
12. Although these people obviously would not recommend this place to stay, please check out what other guests have to say.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing