Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Giovanni David F.

returning guest

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 May 2024
As a returning guest of the Delphi Hotel in downtown Los Angeles, I can confidently say that this historic gem continues to exceed expectations. As an architect, I truly appreciate the simplicity and elegance of the furnishings, which perfectly complement the Art Deco architecture of this former office building turned hotel.

It's a refreshing departure from the cookie-cutter designs you might find at chain hotels: The Delphi is not your typical airport Holiday Inn Express. Here, the rooms are not just large, but they exude a sense of luxury. The open and sexy layout of the bathrooms, with the toilet tucked away in a separate water closet room, adds a touch of sophistication. The bedding and toiletries provided further enhance the feeling of indulgence.

The central location of the hotel in downtown Los Angeles makes it an ideal base for exploring the city's major museums, attractions, and business areas. The café in the lobby and the diner restaurant both boast delicious fare that never fails to delight.
Additionally, the hotel's events, such as jazz on Thursdays and the weekend brunch that add an extra layer of enjoyment to the stay.

A few years ago I visited the rooftop pool when the hotel was under different management. I eagerly anticipate its reopening, as it offers stunning views of the surrounding downtown area and provides a serene escape from the bustling city below.

In conclusion, I traveled to Los Angeles a few times this year and I always choose the Delphi for its combination of comfort, convenience, and hospitality. Whether you are here for work or play I believe that the Delphi provides a quintessential Los Angeles experience!
Date of stay: May 2024
    $173
    $290
5.6 km from The Delphi Downtown LA
View more hotels in Los Angeles
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 May 2024 via mobile

This hotel was a mixed bag.
Pros
-comfortable bed
-spacious room
-nice lobby
- great diner style restaurant in lobby

Cons
- platform bed low to the floor
-shower temperature varies from tepid to hot
-run down carpeting with faint odor
- expensive

Date of stay: May 2024
Reviewed 28 March 2024

This place is well situated in downtown LA. It is near a Metro station and J line bus stops so can easily be reached via Flyaway bus from LAX to Union station where you can buy a tap card for Metro / J line. There is a supermarket nearby in the small shopping centre at 7th & Figueroa.

My room was a good size, and there was a safety deposit box, fridge for snacks etc., and a large desk for working. Free wifi was faultless. I also got a nespresso coffee maker, but you have to ask at the front desk if you want this, its not in the room. The shower room was large, but as others have said, only separated from rest of room by glass partition. I was on 7th floor, but there was still quite a bit of street noise in the night. There is a restaurant, and the food is quite nice and not bad value. All the staff I encountered at the hotel were pleasant and helpful.

Finding hotels in this part of Los Angeles that do not strain the budget presents challenges, but this appears to be a reasonable choice.

Room tip: Because of street noise I would advise requesting a higher floor room
Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank WHWhite
Reviewed 28 March 2024

Great experience. From the delightful person checking in, to the service at the restaurant, it was a first class experience. The role was appointed well; Great bathtub/shower, soft sheets, and clean as a whistle. Overall, a very nice experience.

Date of stay: March 2024
Reviewed 24 March 2024

The Delphi improperly charged me for a reservation I did not make. I had perused their reservation system, but I not reserved anything and had received no confirmation of any alleged reservation. I later received an email from them about my (supposed) check-in the next day, and I immediately called them. The manager I spoke to was extremely rude, refused to listed to what I had to say, and kept interrupting and talking over me. Disputing the credit card charge took months and was to no avail, as the Delphi apparently just wanted the money and would not respond directly to the information I had submitted to support my account of the situation. After this experience and the terrible service and treatment I received, I would NEVER consider staying at the Delphi.
(Note the date selected was when they claimed I had made a reservation and charged me fully for it, despite my never staying there.)

Room tip: Avoid this place.
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Matthew T
Reviewed 12 February 2024

Amazing in every way. Perfect amount of swank. Art deco/classic LA feel. Super friendly staff. Very nice rooms. Good restaurant. Fantastic value. Whoever bought and renovated this hotel absolutely knocked it out of the park. I never write reviews but feel compelled to do so here.

Date of stay: February 2024