Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
bieflores

One & done

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Jun 2024via mobile
Positives: we were able to do digital check-in and check out. Room was cute. The room itself was fine. Small & lofty vibes. Hotel is right next to the parking garage that the hotel does NOT run. Hotel is good distance from grocery stores.

Negatives: We went to the rooftop bar and it took a while to get our order taken, and to receive our food. Steak was chewy. The receipt was the name of a person who did not introduce himself to us (and if it was the guy who I’m thinking of, only served us once, while a waitress and a bartender came over multiple times). These were the only staff we interacted with, so it was a little disappointing.
The panels on the elevator are not secured properly, so they shake as the elevator moves, which sounds and feels scary.

Unrelated to the hotel itself but a bummer, was around 5 am on Saturday morning, it sounded like a trash truck was collecting garbage from industrial dumpsters. We were on the 12th floor and that was loud as he**.

Important note for solo travelers: there is no security lock. There’s only one lock and if someone has access to keys to the room, can get in w/ no issue.
Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
$390
    $242
    $282
15.9 km from The Wayfarer Downtown LA
View more hotels in Los Angeles
All reviews rooftop restaurant speak easy cool vibe boutique hotel downtown la rooms are small the location is perfect nice stay one night stay top floor bed was comfortable speakeasy dtla lobby target fridge drawers
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 May 2024

I was prepared for a compact room, but this really was very compact. There is no closet for your clothes, just a random peg board with 3 hangers (Though they did send up an extra 2 when I requested). I could live with this, no problem, but what was really frustrating was the cold showers! Every morning I reported to reception that I had no hot water, and every morning I was promised an engineer would re-set the boiler. I stayed for 5 nights and suffered 2 cold shower every day. There was little point in requesting a different room as many of the delegates at the conference I was attending also had the same problem. On check out, I complained and was instantly offered a 30% reduction, it was offered a little too quickly that makes me think this is a common problem. They advertise a fitness room, there isn't one, it's a pubic gym over the road, this should be made clearer on the website as its not a particularly nice area of town!

Room tip: STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2024

The Hotel rates itself as 4 star. 3 Star at best. No wardrobes in the room. Only 3 coat hangers, very basic. No safe. No Tea/Coffee making facilities. Draws under the bed which won't open. Asked reception how to open for storage to be told they don't open. The only upside is they have a nice rooftop bar if it is not closed for a private function. Hotel had major issues with water boiler. 4 out of the 6 nights I stayed had luke warm water at best with the shower in the morning. Many guests had the same issue. Last but not least a shortage of irons and ironing boards. If you are loyal to Hilton which I am as a Gold member suggest you stay elsewhere.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank greggogb
Reviewed 9 May 2024 via mobile

Hotel is lovely. Staff seem irritated and put out. No hot water in shower for two days. Manager was nice but, didn’t offer any suggestions for alternatives to issues. Probably won’t stay again . Plus is there are some nice if pricey restaurants within walking distance.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Anna A
Reviewed 9 May 2024 via mobile

Worst hotel experience ever. Three mornings running was woken at 4am by loud garbage trucks at the back of the hotel. Three mornings running I had no hot water for the shower. Complained about shower, did not get fixed. Will not stay there again.

Room tip: Avoid rooms at the back of the hotel due to noisy garbage trucks. Check shower works.
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank NeatWoods
Reviewed 30 April 2024

No fridge or cupboard in the room, yes I could have researched this but I booked it as it had the Hilton name. It certainly is not Hilton standard

The fees and charges are confusing and potentially not transparent.

I was told that I had to pay a $500 USD security deposit for my 5 nights and from that there would be $25 a deduction per day (for exactly what I have no idea). I was then advised that if I ordered food from the restaurant or roof top bar to charge it to the room and this would come off the $25 fee.

I felt that this was a way of forcing me to spend extra money at the hotel. Not wanting to waste money I ate at the bar/restaurant twice and had a cookie from the breakfast bar once.

Instead of receiving $375 back I received 268 back. I emailed the hotel twice with no response.

Very confusing the fees you add. I would not have ordered food from the hotel and feel conned in to spending extra money at the hotel.

When I checked out reception were not able to provide any kind of confirmation of how much or when my refund would take place

Had I known you were going to charge me an extra $232 I would have stayed somewhere else

Date of stay: March 2024