“What a fabulous review of Hollywood history most never know!”

Old Hollywood Walking Tour
Ranked #92 of 262 Tours in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: On this tour, you will learn the history of Hollywood, and have a chance to peek inside some of the hidden gems on the boulevard.Our destinations include: Hollywood’s first and most famous movie theaters The oldest remaining residence on the Boulevard The longest continuously-operating restaurant in Hollywood Architecturally iconic buildings Hollywood’s premiere Golden Age shopping district
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 1 May 2018

April Clemmer gives a great tour: informative, witty, and packed with information that most tours never give. Her pace & timing, and the way she supplements the tour with photos from 'back in the day' really makes Hollywood history come alive. Highly recommended!

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"informative"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 27 February 2018

I just went on April Clemmer's Old Hollywood Walking Tour and it's fabulous. She dresses up in a perfect Old Hollywood dress and she is not only extremely knowledgeable but the classiest tour guide I've ever experienced. Her information is accurate, her knowledge of history is deep and wide and fascinating, and she makes it a lot of fun. We walk down Hollywood Blvd., go inside old buildings and get constant information through our headsets. And we end the tour with free coffee in the famous Musso and Frank's restaurant! Everything about it is charming, informative and more than worth the price. If you love Hollywood or if you want to learn more about it, this is for you! I want to go again.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

April is so knowledgeable about Hollywood's history! I have lived in the LA area my entire life and still learned so much. She covers so much history about just a couple blocks of Hollywood Blvd., an area that is rarely talked about in Hollywood tours. This is such a classy, engaging, and even relaxing tour (it's an easy walk, includes a snack break in the middle and sometimes coffee at the end!) that is such a contrast to the usual touristy, celebrity-gossip style tours that you might associate with Hollywood. It felt personal and special, especially being able to go inside buildings like the Pacific Theatre that aren't open to the public.
Highly recommend this tour, both to people visiting Hollywood and to locals who have been here forever - you'll definitely learn something new!

Reviewed 18 January 2018

I truly enjoyed this tour and felt that I learned so much. April was very knowledgable and you could tell that she was really invested and passionate about the area which really came through when she was telling stories about all of the buildings. It was wonderful to imagine the area as it was in its glory days. April dressed the part and ensured that we had snacks and even gave me coupons at the end for the hollywood museum at the end as I expressed and interest in going. I would reccommend this tour to anyone and think that April is a fabulous tour guide!

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 January 2018

I live in Hollywood so I have taken my fair share of Hollywood history tours. Its a night and day experience when you can tell the tour guide lives and breathes Hollywood history and glamour. This tour allowed us to go into several Hollywood nooks and crannies that are not open to the public. I had a wonderful time and it was so cool to sit down and the end the tour at the world famous Musso and Franks. The staff was friendly and told us a few of their own history tales. Two thumbs up!