3,845 results
All reviews daily grill restaurant heavenly bed century blvd taco bell starbucks coffee manhattan beach an early flight self parking free shuttle shuttle service rental car the club lounge santa monica lobby runway conference stopover
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very satisfied for the most part - Friendly staff, very comfortable bed (top marks), good gym and pool, great food, and ease from booking to departure. Overall the hotel is ideal for conferences. All amenities were available for a pleasant and positive experience.

I have been staying at the Westin LAX for the last 5 years attending for the annual VidSummit conference. I have never been disappointed. It is especially convenient given its proximity to the airport, major shopping areas, and not too far from the coast. Ever since the merger with Marriott, it seems to have improved.

The Bed and bedding was very comfortable (top marks), happy to see a little bottle of lavender essential oil on bedside table, also appreciated the complementary bottles of water; central lighting didn’t seem to be available which was a bit impractical when entering the room and going to sleep at night; room temperature was agreeable and the AC was not noisy which is great. New safes seem to have been installed - no technical issues also good; housekeeping staff also very friendly and of good morale; happy to see 24 hour room service, good selection of food; restaurant food and service also good.

Fitness studio also good - a stretching area somewhere wood have been good but not sure how that would be possible given current setup and space available. But I did note an over night thunderstorm resulted in water ingress on poolside, which resulted in having to shut down training machines for safety.

My only complaint really is the room air quality was somewhat stale and “carpety” throughout my stay - my last night was particularly uncomfortable, as there was a bizarre smell that gave my lungs a burning sensation. This became more aggravated the following morning. I opened the window to let some air in and switched off the AC, which may have improved things a bit - I believe this may have been caused by the thunder storm the night before, which may have affected the air filtration system - alternatively it may have been housekeeping using what may seem to have been an old/used rag for cleaning surfaces, which may have left a residual smell.

Lastly, whilst it is customary practice to leave room service trays outside one’s room, I saw just too much of this in the hallway, including amazon boxes, drinking glasses, and even a refrigerator! I found this to be an eye sore quite frankly and just wonder if things left in the hallway can be removed more promptly. Not necessarily the staff's fault although some attention to this could avoid any further discontent.

On a final note regarding departure, more information could have been given regarding checkout - I wasn’t sure if I could just leave, as usually done with express checkouts, or if I had to wait in line to check out - this caused me some stress as I had to catch a shuttle for LAX.

These are the small details that could be addressed further to merit a higher score.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice Hotel and well maintained. Rooms are good with Airport view. Service staff very friendly. Very close to Airport. Very beautiful pool and Jacuzzi tub.
But no free parking available - parking available for 40$ per night!

Room tip: Avoid hotel parking, use parking app to find cheap nightly parking available within 0.5 Km.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My stay was great a Lovely Hotel with nice big rooms and Amazing Heavenly beds!
Good prices in Restaurant, nice variety of options both for dinner and Breakfast!
The airport shuttle was very convenient for running every 15 mins
Would stay again!

Room tip: the higher the Floor the better views you have
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The positives are the location (if you need to be close to LAX) and the bed.

The rest of the hotel is tired and shabby and inconsistent with Westin experiences I’ve had elsewhere.

No mini bar in the room, no robe, dirty walls, stained carpets.

Fine for a layover but not for anything more that that.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank KBritibNYC
mugsymalone73, Manager at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Let me begin by thanking you for selecting Westin Los Angeles Airport as your select hotel during your travels to Los Angeles. I know there are many hotels to select from and our hotel was your choice. I would like to take a moment to thank you for allowing me to look in to your concerns for your stay this morning to and work with my team to address your concerns.

I would like to offer my sincere apology regarding your less than perfect experience with overall condition of your guest room and amenities in the room. This situation is extremely concerning and I will make sure to work with my operation and team to address your concerns. Once again my accept my sincere apologies regarding your recent experience at Westin Los Angeles Airport. Please Keep my email address on file and feel free to contact me at your leisure if you are in need of additional assistance for any future reservations. I will assure you that I prepare the team for your arrival and you will have an exceptional stay.

Thank you again for contacting us and allowing me the opportunity to rectify this incident

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Terrible customer service. They agreed to a change in our reservation through Booking.com and then claimed that it never happened even though we had an email and confirmation number to prove it.

Then they states they were overbooked and could not fulfill their commitment. They were full of excuses and had no solutions.

Avoid this hotel.