Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Nicholas J

Courteous, Clean, and Convenient

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 Mar 2020
Excellent downtown location, very helpful and courteous staff, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Some of the bathroom features were a little dated. For example, no magnifying mirror to check a close shave, and the shower only had the overhead show head—a practical choice for downtown LA.
Trip type: Travelled on business
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 4 Mar 2020
Dear nicholasj44,

Thank you for the kind, 4 star review of your recent stay at the LA Grand Hotel Downtown. I appreciate your feedback about the bathroom in your guest room and have made a not about the magnifying mirror as I also think this is a good idea.

Thanks for staying with us nicolasj44, we hope you come back again soon and we'll get you a room with a new shower head next time!
$383
  • Vio.com
16.9 km from The L.A. Grand Hotel Downtown
View more hotels in Los Angeles
1,937 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 March 2020

For my Birthday weekend of 2/23 I decided to spend and turn up in a luxurious pent house suit in the grand. Upon walking in my room, it was already decoraded with ballons and Champaign! I was so excited and happy. This particular staff member named Michelle S. Because of her impecable customer service skills, she allowed my friends to enter my room before hand and decorate for me! She even went out of her way to write me a personalized birthday note and had it delivered to my room on the day itself! I really enjoyed my stay and the staff. If you want a chic hotel with great lighting for swaggy photos have a stay at The Grand Hotel. And do not forget to request for Michelle!

2  Thank 790sylviat
LAHDT, General Manager at The L.A. Grand Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2020

Dear 790sylviat,

Wow, that's awesome to hear you had the best birthday ever after staying with us! Chances are you haven't had as many birthdays as I have but I remember my best birthday ever and I'll never forget it so I really appreciate your comments.

I will make sure to let Michelle know you comments, she'll be thrilled too. Thank you again for staying with us and come back soon!

Reviewed 3 March 2020

Really enjoyed my stay here. The Lobby is beautiful and the staff are super nice! Rooms are very clean and modern; the bath amenities are nice. Location was convenient to all area attractions and other hotels as well. Would have liked to had a couple water bottles in my room (no mini fridge).

2  Thank barbbelcherreale2020

Dear barbbelcherreale2020,

Thanks for the very nice 5 star review, we appreciate it! Our staff will be delighted to read your comments about the cleanliness and perfect location in Downtown LA.

On a side note, all of our guest rooms have mini refrigerators but I understand they can be a little hard to find if you don't know where they are. In most rooms they are located under the vanity in the hallway and in the other rooms they are in the desk/credenza. Next time you stay with us if you can't locate it, give our front desk team a call and they can send someone up to assist.

Thanks for staying with us and come back again soon!

Reviewed 3 March 2020

Stayed here 2/29/2020 for a Grand Park event(yes Techno) . Location perfect, valet parking staff not engaging/cashier had to come out of the booth to start the parking process($50 and includes in/out priviledges ) , room awesome/decor, food awesome, some front desk staff a little up tight/check out no eye contact with me, overall recommend and will stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank weslochan

Dear weslochan,

We are delighted to hear you felt your stay at the LA Grand Hotel Downtown was worth the price, we think so too!

I apologize you felt the valet parking staff was not engaging, we certainly expect everyone on our team to be helpful and friendly so I'll make certain to let them know your comments.

Thanks for staying with us and come back again soon!

Reviewed 3 March 2020

My room wasn't smelling good and we tried to contact the service, they left us on the line waiting. Our check out was supossed to be 12 pm. At 11am, the service started knocking our door constantly and we couldn't barely take our time to leave.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank jaqueluccas
LAHDT, General Manager at The L.A. Grand Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2020

Dear jaqueluccas,

On behalf of our entire team, we apologize for falling short of your expectations. It's not acceptable that you waiting on hold why trying to contact us nor is it appropriate for our staff to knock on your door constantly asking you to leave.

We take the feedback very seriously and you can rest assured we will use the information to improve so next you stay with us, you'll leave 100% satisfied.

Thanks for staying with us and I hope you give us another chance in the near future.

Reviewed 1 March 2020

I arrived early to the hotel and Renzo at the front desk was very helpful at checkin. He was also great with various tips for my stay. Nice to see Old World hospitality is alive and well in downtown LA. Kudos Renzo!

Room tip: Junior suite room is great!
2  Thank ricardog480
LAHDT, General Manager at The L.A. Grand Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2020

Dear ricardog4810,

Thank you for recognizing Renzo at the front desk, we think he does a great job too and I'll be sure to let him know!

Thanks for staying with us ricardog480, come back soon we look forward to seeing you again!