“What a great and cute restaurant!”

The Butcher's Daughter
Ranked #41 of 10,808 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Neighbourhood: Venice
Description: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch and Dinner. 100% Vegetarian restaurant with vegan and gluten-free options available. Cold-pressed juices made daily, coffee, tea's and bakery. Full Bar. Open 7-days a week.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were amazed with the atmosphere of this lovely restaurant. The decor is really spectacular and the food is great. It’s a highlight at Abbot Kinney street.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went for a walk down Venice way and found the wait at The Butcher's Daughter to be short enough to stay. Though the hostesses were a bit on the cool side, the rest of the staff was cheerful and sunny, offering great service. First time going and glad I did, as their Avocado Toast Benedict (I am obsessed with A-Toast) was quite good, and the addition of the hollandaise sauce elevated the dish. Atmosphere is nice, sat at the coffee bar and had plenty of room. I do see what the fuss is about!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Really very good coffee can beŕ taken at the internal bar or outside tables & chairs.
Sometimes a 5 minute wait as this establishment was bursting. Vegan & regular meals & snacks. We were there around 9 am & we did have to wait for a table although the central bar was free...also with seating with bar stools.
We selec ted a 3 variety scones which were delicious with coffee catering for all tastes & combos, but gents around us were having breakfast with a vast menu to choose from. Very fresh ingrediants
Outside tables allow you to bring your pooch with you......
Service was good despite the crowd with plenty of efficient staff.
A must visit down venice way...

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Based on decor and atmosphere, this place deserves five stars! I was in Santa Monica only for a few hours and had only one meal... and made the right choice making sure it was at The Butchers Daughter. We sat at the bar in the centre of the restaurant and received A+ service. Our waiter was very attentive and always ensured our water was refilled. He also brought us over a free latte because he accidentally rang it in. For our meal, me and my friend ordered the basil BLT and the charred avocado quinoa bowl with a poached egg. The BLT was incredible. The sourdough bread was an explosion of my tastebuds! After eating my half, me and my friend swapped and I was underwhelmed by the avocado bowl, especially since there was no avocado in it but the egg was poached to perfection. My friend said she tasted the avocado so it was either very well disguised or they forgot to add this vital ingredient. We also had the passion juice. It was delish and refreshing! This place was amazing and I would love to come back and ordered everything on the menu! It was also quite reasonably priced considering the atmosphere and location.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

This was a fantastic place after an afternoon stroll. We had a good cocktail and the tempura mushroom sandwich was phenomenal. The whole menu looked really good and I’m not a big vegetarian fan. Very trendy spot!