Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Matt Wallaert
San Diego, California

Exactly as advertised

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 Apr 2024
Was in town for work and H By H (formerly East West Hotel) was close to meetings.

Got exactly what I expected. Room was quite nice for a cheaper hotel (rainfall shower head, big bed, etc.) and while there was some traffic noise in the morning (I had a room facing the street), there was none overnight and I slept soundly.

I'm a bit puzzled by some of the other reviews. I knew in advance that parking costs $34, which isn't terrible for attendant parking in LA. Yes, they charged a $150 damage deposit but promptly refunded it the next day, which is common in most US hotels. I wasn't surprised by anything, especially given the price range - if you're staying in a hotel at this price (and you can easily compare to others in the area), I think it is important to have appropriate expectations.
Date of stay: April 2024
    $189
    $271
14.6 km from H By H Hospitality
View more hotels in Los Angeles
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 March 2024

My second time staying at the H. For Hotel living... The H is basic. Having said that, it is pleasant. The satff is friendly and courteous. They attend to the room cleaning and upkeep promptly and at good hours. The Cafe is very popular. The location is central.

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2024

Similar to another review the hotel demands a $150 damage deposit that I was unaware about on arrival. We had traveled from abroad and arrived that day and were assured that we would be refunded this money at 12 Noon on check out. They have not refunded this money despite us leaving the room in a good state,, we even tidied up and made the bed.

What’s worse we booked another room for a friend who booked a separate room and they have failed to return his of yet too.

I’m not sure how a hotel chain can act in this fashion.

You can see other reviews I have given over the years about other hotels etc and the vast majority are positive so I’m pretty fair.

Room tip: Take photos of your room on departure as I have done to help any legal case for refund of deposit.
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2024

Do not book this hotel! I stayed here on January 1st, and they took a month to release the 150 USD deposit. And if that was not bad enough, they took another 450 USD (of which 150USD was actually taken and 300USD was reserved) from my account, without any warning! Now, 7 weeks later, I still have not received any explanation on the 150 dollars that is taken from me. Since I am abroad I cannot call and texting is very expensive (to which they barely reply). They do not have any other method to contact them. Save yourself the stress and chose another hotel. There are many better ones in the city!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Jenna v
Reviewed 22 January 2024

Loved my 3 night stay!!! Would definitely stay again. Great location. Comfy bed. Nice shower. Cute restaurant downstairs. Loved the whole whimsical vibe. Loved that it was close to restaurants and grocery stores and getting around by public transport and Uber was very easy.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 22 January 2024

This hotel was a good value. The location was great. They had a restaurant downstairs with delicious food. The beds were comfortable and the shower pressure was good. The staff was friendly. The room was simple but clean. I will definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel